How to Color Hair and Some Herbal Methods of Getting Different Shades:
Although, chemical based hair dyes offer you variety of shades but they are known to cause side effects such as eczema, irritation, blistering and respiratory problems. Some chemicals are found to have carcinogenic feature (cancer causing ability). If this is the scenario with hair coloring then do you ignore your wish of getting a hair color.
Hell, No!!!! You can definitely get your favorite shade without using harsh chemicals which will not give you any health risk. Yes, this is possible with natural hair dyes.
Everybody knows about it and it is being used since ancient times. Besides using for hair care and coloring, it is also used to paint the hands, nails with beautiful designs temporarily. It not just colors your hair but it nourishes it, condition it, cover graying and remove scalp irritation. Its cooling effect relaxes your mind. Therefore, it gives your hair a healthy and shiny appearance.
How to Color Hair with Henna
- Make a mixture by adding one cup of henna powder and one cup of lemon or orange juice in an iron vessel.
- Leave it for overnight after covering the mixture with a plastic cover.
- Add half to one cup water to make a paste which has yogurt like consistency.
- You can use the henna after 12 – 24 hours.
- Apply on your hair and leave for one hour.
- Wash it off with water.
You must be thinking how lemon can give you hair color. Its citric acid content has natural bleaching properties which can give you amazing highlights and regular use of lemon juice can lighten you hair color. But its regular use can extremely dry your hair so five times in a month is fine if you want to lighten your hair.
How to Use Lemon Juice
- Mix juice of 1 – 2 lemons with ¼ cup of water and apply it with brush or spray with a spray bottle on your hair.
- Sit in the sun for 1 – 2 hours and you will see that your hair color gets lightened. Sunlight is required to activate the lightening component of lemon juice.
- Use a conditioner after rinsing your hair with water.
This tea also has bleaching effect on hair and when it is teamed up with lemon then it enhances the lightening process of hair under sunlight. So if you have blonde hair or you want to add light streaks to your hair then apply this accordingly on few strands or whole hair.
How to Use Chamomile Tea
- Put 8 chamomile tea bags in a pot of boiled water.
- Let the tea steep into the water for 30 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add one cup of plain organic yogurt and few drops of lavender oil to it.
- Massage your hair with this concoction from root to tip.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo to remove extra chamomile extract and let it air dry.
This can also give a rich and dark brown color to your hair. It is an easy procedure and has no side effects.
How to Color Hair with Black Coffee
- Get an unflavored roast of black coffee.
- Brew an entire pot of it in water.
- Let it cool down and strain the extract.
- Massage your hair with this extract from root to tip.
- Cover your hair with shower cap and leave it for 15 minutes to set in.
- Rinse it off with water and you can notice red or brown highlights if you have black hair.
Red Hibiscus Tea
If you want a red hair tone then rinsing your hair with red hibiscus tea can give you the desired result. You can give red highlights to your hair with this method.
How to Use Red Hibiscus tea
- Put 5 hibiscus tea bags in boiled water.
- Let it steep for 30 minutes.
- Massage your hair thoroughly with the strained extract.
- Leave for one hour or more until your hair dries out completely.
- Rinse with water and wash it with a mild shampoo.
- Let it air dry.
If you want to add funky and striking color like purple to your hair then you can easily get it by using blackberries. This is a semi permanent technique therefore it will fade away in few weeks but it is 100% safe so that you can flaunt your purple hair streaks or highlights without harming yourself.
How to Color Hair with Blackberry
- Mash two cups of blackberries in a bowl finely.
- Massage your hair with this mashed up blackberries.
- Wear a shower cap and leave it for couple of hours to set.
- Rinse out with water and towel dries your hair.
Latest posts by Piya C (see all)
- List of Famous Indian Celebrities Died in 2017-2018 (UPDATED) - July 18, 2018
- How to Keep Your Mind And Body in Shape Once You’ve Retired - July 16, 2018
- How Can Online Therapy Help you in Depression? - July 16, 2018