Looking gorgeous in 30s can be little difficult as this age period of your life brings unexpected changes in your body. You will not only find changes in your appearance (fine lines, crow’s feet, wrinkles) but there will be several hormonal changes as well. For women, there will be a whole new beauty regime for skin, hair, and nails. There will be new skin problems which you had never cared about earlier.
The common skin problems arise during 30s are:
- Deep wrinkles
- Appearance of laugh lines or character lines
- Acne problem
- Dull and saggy skin
- Hair thinning
As the skin problems increases during the 30s, women need to pay special attention to their beauty regime. Since the body is changing therefore its requirements have also changed.
So, how will you take care of your skin during the 30s?
With some simple changes in your regular beauty regime and following tips you can easily maintain gorgeous skin even after the 30s.
Read labels while buying beauty products:
After the 30s, due to ongoing changes in body, normal skin products which suited you earlier may not work at all on your skin or will have a lesser impact. So, you need to go for ‘special after 30s’ skin products.
Here are some of the important ingredients necessary for women after 30s:-
- Niacinamide: for reducing dark blemishes on the face.
- Hyaluronic acid: for plumpness to the skin.
- Vitamin C: for brightening skin tone.
- Glycolic acid: for improving your skin’s texture and reducing signs of wrinkles.
Warning: Avoid products with lanolin and alcohol content. They block pores and make the skin drier.
Start purchasing anti-aging products:
Wrinkles start forming somewhere during the mid-20s. This is generally due to the higher stress level and hormonal changes. Fine lines and wrinkles can make women look much older than her actual age. So, you should start investing on anti-aging beauty products even if you feel youthful on the verge of 30s.
However, while purchasing cosmetics you need to be a little careful on what you are buying. The markets are filled with anti-aging beauty products which claim to rejuvenate and tighten your skin to give you a younger look, but most of them don’t work.
So, here are few tips on choosing the right anti-aging product:
- Buy wrinkle creams which have Cynergy TK. This is a strong anti-aging agent for removing wrinkles.
- Look for Alpha hydroxyl acid cleanser and retinol (vitamin A) enriched beauty products to enhance collagen production.
Transform your beauty routine:
If you are still following the same old beauty routine which you followed during your teenage years then you should stop it right now!!
Since our skin keeps on changing with our age so we can’t follow the same beauty regime all our life. The women after 30s need to focus more on cleansing, toning, and moisturizing compared to younger ladies.
Here are few changes you need to bring in your beauty regime:
- Cleanse your skin twice, daily: If you are not used to cleansing your skin every day then you should start doing it from today. Buy a pH balanced cleanser and use it twice, daily, to clean your skin pores. This will reduce the dead skin cells and give a fresher look to your skin. Also, a cleansed surface allows the anti-aging products work more effectively.
- Go for lighter lotions: Try buying lighter anti-aging lotions or serums during your 30s because thicker ones may make your skin prone to breakouts. Using products which are lightweight, non-comedogenic (non-pore-blocking) is the best way to start!!
- Buy products which have anti-oxidants: Go for antioxidants, vitamin C and E based beauty products and use each morning. This help in protecting your skin from free radicals and oxidative stress (one of the reasons for premature skin aging). These free radicals are generated by sun exposure, smoking, urban pollution and even your own cell metabolism. Also, make sure your eye creams also have these!
- Start using oils for skin: Add oil to your beauty regime. Applying natural oil on your skin makes it more healthy, soft, springy and moisturized. Using quality face oil for massaging can help reduce puffiness which is very common during 30s.
Replace your bathing products:
Do you know that the soaps which you use for bathing may harm your skin? Most of us buy bathing soaps without checking out the ingredients. Let’s be honest, we buy soaps which smell good!
But what these soaps actually do is make our skin drier by washing away the moisture from our skin. So, the dermatologists suggest going for bath wash gels instead of soaps. Also instead of showering for hours, we should wash ourselves with lukewarm water for about 5 minutes. And after every bath apply quality moisturizer.
Skin experts suggest looking for moisturizers and rich body cream which contain active vitamin A (retinol) and vitamin C in them. Moisturizing the body after shower at least twice a day helps in making the skin softer and smoother.
Try out natural skin care products!
It is always better to try out Organic beauty treatments instead of the chemical based. Not only Natural ones are more effective, they also do not have any kind of side-effects!
Dermatologists suggest going for natural, home-made remedies right from the start as they are good for all age groups.
Turn to natural ingredients such as milk, natural oils, honey, buttermilk, yogurt, lemon juice etc. which are healthy for the skin. Moreover, you can easily cook up recipes for making healthy face masks.
Here are few recipes for making homemade face masks:
- Mix a tablespoon of oatmeal and honey with two tablespoons of yogurt. Apply this mixture on your skin and let it rest for five minutes, before rinsing it off.
- Mix two tablespoon of oats and orange peel in a bowl and add one teaspoon of honey in it. Whisk mixture until it becomes a thick paste. Apply it gently on your skin and let it rest for 5 minutes. Wash it off when done.
- Mash and mix two ripe bananas together in a bowl and add in some honey. Put the mix on your face and let it rest for about 5 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water when done.
Some more tips for making your skin look younger and healthy:
- Go for a healthy diet. Stay away from spicy, oily, sugary and caffeine rich food. Stick to fruits and vegetables. Try to add food items which are rich in iron, zinc, protein and vitamin D in your diet.
- Exercise regularly. Exercising leads to sweating which helps in detoxification of your skin.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily which helps in flushing out harmful toxins from your skin.
- Clean your skin daily before going to bed.
- Moisturize your skin twice a day.
- Don’t go to bed wearing makeup. Wash it off as it may harm your skin badly and can lead to a breakout.
- Use eye creams containing vitamin C, hydroquinone, kojic acid, caffeine, hyaluronic acid and licorice for reducing dark circles and puffiness.
- Use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen daily.
- Use a quality night cream or serum for overnight skin treatment.
Latest posts by Pearlp (see all)
- Holi Colour Removal Tips – For Skin, Clothes, Nails and Hair Protection - February 28, 2018
- 4 Ways to Take Off Holi Colours | Holi Colour Removing Tips - February 28, 2018
- The Sweet Sweat Waist Trimmer Review - January 14, 2018