Saying bye to the summers with the first wave of monsoon and you are as happy as a peacock. Well, that is the charm of monsoon or rainy season as it gives a refreshing touch to everything surrounding you. But the strong winds and pollutants in the air can cause damage to your beautiful hairs. That is why you should be a bit extra careful about them and we will gladly help you in doing so with these simple hair care tips.
Clean your hair after rain
Whenever you get caught in a wind storm or splash of rain during monsoon then do remember to clean your hairs when you reach home. Dust and dirt from winds and toxic chemicals which comes with the rain can cause infection to your scalp which leads to the hair fall. You can use a natural shampoo for hair wash and then apply some lemon juice to your scalp and rinse it after a few minutes. This will remove any chemical or dirt left on the scalp and makes them shine more.
Cover your hair
You should protect your hair from dirt and strong winds by covering them up with scarf or any cap. It will protect your scalp from infection and humidity which can make your hair frizzy. Scarves or caps will also complement your dressing style and enhance your fashion status.
Massage with hot oil
The humid and dusty atmosphere of rainy seasons will add some more tangles to your hair which result in dry hair and a damaged cuticle. This condition can be cured by applying warm oil on the scalp and massaging slowly so that it can get absorbed into the hair roots. This remedy will help your hairs to regain their strength, smooth texture and lost moisture. You can use one oil or mixture of oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil etc. to massage them. Try to massage your hairs at night so that the oil can be absorbed for a long time and then you can wash them in the morning. This practice will benefit you more.
Condition your hair
The scalp secretes natural oil, which when stay longer in hair, then you feel a need to wash them as they attract soil and dust. But the length of hair and hair ends, which directly comes in contact of wind and humidity becomes dry and frizzy that is why they require the conditioning on the first priority basis. When you put conditioner on your hairs then put some extra on the hair ends and hair length below the ear as these are the most damage prone regions of your long mane.
Say no to hair styling products
If you try to wear different looks with different hairdos and a big fan of hair styling products then think again that is it right to use chemical laden products at the cost of your beautiful hairs. The chemical content of hair styling products like gel, hair serum, etc. makes your hair more flat, greasy and affect adversely on the scalp. So it is better to say goodbye to these products in this season than saying sorry to your hairs.
Always comb when the hairs get dried
During monsoon, hairs don’t get dried easily due to humidity and if you think that combing them just after wash will detangle and dry them faster, then you are wrong. It will only cause more tangling, pulling and breaking of hair strands. This ill practice can make your strands weaker and you will lose more hairs as hair fall. You can blow dry them and then untangle them with a wide toothed comb. This will cause less strain to your hairs and decrease the hair fall.
Apply hair mask at least once a week
Treating your hairs and scalp with a natural homemade hair mask reduces hair fall in the rainy season. It helps in providing nourishment and strength to the hair strands, roots and scalp, prevents from infection and itching in the scalp. There are some of these effective hair masks which you can try on according to your convenience.
- You can try Aloe Vera mask since this herb has many medicinal properties which are stated above.
- You can apply a half cup of Mayonnaise on your hair and massage it slowly. The egg protein and oils will hydrate your hair strands and add luster to them.
- You can also make a mask by mixing different types of oil like olive oil, almond oil and vitamin E. It will boost the hair roots and makes them strong, shiny and healthy.
- Prepare a hair mask of lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and apply it. It will clear your scalp from any dirt or infection.
- Cold steeped tea or beer can also be used to give some extra shine to your hairs.
- Make a paste of mint and mango pulp and apply it on your hair. Massage it properly and leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off. This remedy will make your hair smooth and shiny.
- The hair mask prepared from banana and honey also hydrates and nourishes the hair.
- The mint hair mask is beneficial for oily hairs. You can apply it for 20 minutes and rinse it off. It will nourish them as well as removing the excess oil from your hair.
Wear natural hair style
You already know the negative effects of hair styling products in monsoon season so this time go natural. You can blow dry your hair after washing and then put them up in easy and comfortable hair styles which don’t require any styling products like side bun, ponytail, braids etc. and the best part is they can be remade if your hairs get wet in the rain but try to avoid tying them in locks during wet conditions as it can lead to lice. You can also go for short hair, which gives you a new look if it is becoming harder for you to maintain them.
No comb sharing
Monsoon season is known for its high risks of skin and breathing infections. Avoid sharing your comb with other persons or using other’s comb since it can cause skin infection or lice breeding. Always carry your own wide toothed comb in your bag to avoid sharing situations.
Take healthy diet
Since hairs are made up of keratin which is a protein therefore if you want to have healthy scalp and hairs then you have to include more proteins in your diet. You can include protein rich food in your diet like eggs, milk and dairy products, green leafy vegetables, beans, nuts, whole grains, etc. Drink plenty of water so that your body remains hydrated otherwise your hairs will lose shine.
Latest posts by Piya C (see all)
- 4 Effective Ways to Deal with Common Skin Problems - March 21, 2017
- How Sex Can Make You Look More Beautiful? - March 21, 2017
- 12 Signs Your Relationship Doesn’t Work - March 17, 2017