To successfully complete your exercise needs some accessories – like a wrist wrap. This is an important accessory to have while taking part in a physical training, especially weight training. People do weight training to build-up muscle mass and burn calories. But lifting heavy weights can have detrimental effects on the joints of wrist area. If you keep these areas exposed to strain and stress for prolonged period, they can suffer extensive damage. However, you can keep the injuries away by making use of a good quality wrist strap.
Connective tissues, ligaments, tendons and small bones make your wrist. Any of these elements when out of commission can hurt you badly and make you unable to perform even daily chores, so weight training is definitely out of the question.
You need wrist wraps to protect your wrist. While weight lifting can cause strain in these areas, wearing a wrist wrap can actually provide tightness and stability to these areas. As a result, you feel less pain and discomfort in your wrist and enjoy an effective workout session.
In fact, you get even more from your wrist wraps. Aside from giving support and stability, it also makes you to concentrate on particular muscle groups while doing the exercise. Free from the worries of wrist injuries, you enjoy a more efficient exercise session free from weight related injuries.
However, you can get the maximum benefit only if you get the right pair of wraps for you. Making things easier for you, we have enlisted top five wrist wraps that you can choose to make your weight training a lot efficient:
Schiek Black Line Wrist Wraps
This is a stylish yet heavy duty wrist wrap offering superb functionality. It comes with strong and flexible straps to ensure good support for your wrists while undergoing weight training. In fact, this wrap is immensely good for strenuous workout sessions. The black line wrist wrap has been designed to provide more than enough support to the wrists, and help them recover faster in case of existing injuries.
- This is a fashionable wrist wrap made using broad and heavy material for excellent durability
- Features comfortable and soft Velcro wrist wraps that are 2-inch wide and remain intact every after years of use
- Designed with highly functional thumb loop to keep the strap in position
- Designed particularly to protect you during strenuous sessions
- The wrap is available with extra-wide hook and loop closure, and 3 wide heavy-weight elastic cotton
- Favoured by gym goers for its functional design and high quality material used in designing
- Helps to keep the pain and fatigue away while you are exercising
- Looks appealing
Things not to like
Some buyers found the wraps shorter for their wrists, so claimed to wear just once. However, these may be isolated cases, as these buyers accepted having exceptionally wider wrists.
Nordic Wrist Wraps 2 for 1
Nordic Lifting offers two pairs of wrist wraps to keep you safe during weight training. These wraps are acknowledged for durability, high protection levels and affordability. You get the wraps with a wider hook-loop fastener to fit your wrists perfectly while offering you the high level of comfort and firm support. This is a great deal for you as the company is offering two products for the cost of one.
They are not just fashionable, but also high in quality for being made from the top-grade material. The product is washable and fits your exercising requirements very well.
- Fashionable accessory offers great help when you are suffering from wrist pain
- Reduces your chances of wrist pain during weight training
- A great product for both men and women
- Made using premium grade material for enhanced durability
- Two pairs for the cost of one with one ho hassle replacement guarantee
- Perfect wrist wrap for weight training, gym and cross-training
- Impresses professional weight lifters as well as those doing strength training for more than a decade
- Made of Velcro to maintain its position even when you are busy doing strenuous activities
- Features a functional design to give sufficient support to your wrists and stabilise grip while doing heavy weight lifting
Things not to like:
Some buyers said they didn’t like the feel of thump strap, but it goes away once you have warmed yourself up.
Nordic Wrist Wraps & Lifting Straps
Wrist wraps by Nordic feature two important characteristics – functional design and use of high-grade material. This is a great purchase that also allows you to save more – thanks to the manufacturers offering two pairs for the price of one. An important part of its design is the use of elastic straps that offer flexibility and a more enhanced grip while you are busy doing heavy weight lifting. The wraps are known for additional comfort and support, which is not easy to find in the products from other brands – the credit goes to the Neoprene padding incorporated into the straps.
- Your perfect companion for the gym
- Designed to fit both men and women
- Designed using finest grade material
- Perfect wrist wrap for strenuous activities
- Offered with one year no hassle and free replacement guarantee
- Lashed with all the features required for offering excellent comfort and support
- Your trusted companion while doing deadlifts, powerlifting, and bench presses
- Offers excellent durability, elasticity and padding to support you while lifting heavy weight
- Offered with some great accessories
Things not to like:
A few buyers claimed the wraps being not too strong to support heavy weight lifting. Now it is made of tough Velcro material for added support.
WODies 2-in-1 WOD Grips
This is a great product to improve your performance while working out. This wrap from WODies features highly functional design and innovative construction using high quality material to carry it. The package contains a hand protector and wrist wrap, and offers great support to athletes. It has been designed to protect your hands from injuries while providing extra comfort to your hands through its padding on the bar.
WODies grips feature patented design of JerkFit and hence the bars are quite effective in absorbing friction to prevent bunching. As the product is made of latex-free elastic material, its grip control and strength are never compromised.
- Protects not only wrists, but entire palm while lifting heavy weight
- Excellent wrist support with utmost comfort
- Innovative design to absorb friction while staying flat on palms
- You can use with chalk for better grip
- You can have different colour choices for this washable and breathable wrist wrap
- Perfect wrist accessory for gym buffs
- Added padding for extra comfort and support
- Uncompromised grip strength
- Doesn’t bunch up
Things not to like:
May feel slippery in first few uses, but offers good hold after a few days of use when the gloves are broken.
Nordic Wrist Wraps Bundle 2
This is a bundle of two top-grade wrist wraps for the cost of one – a great deal indeed! These wraps have been designed to provide additional support and stability to your wrists while eliminating the risk of injuries during the workout sessions. As they are designed using finest grade material, they offer excellent durability. With wrap being 3-inches wide and 14-inches long, it can fit both men and women, and all sizes.
- Available with a wider hook-and-loop fastener to offer a replacement if the first one incurs any damage
- A pack of two pairs for the cost of one
- Designed to fit all sizes and gender
- Prolonged life with premium quality material use
- Perfectly fit for strenuous activities due to functional design
- Offered with free one year replacement warranty
- A value product for your money
- Velcro construction ensures ability to withstand heavy pressure
- Gives additional support and balance
- Eliminates the risk of injuries while working out
Things not to like:
Some buyers criticised the use of Velcro material, which, as per them, gets stuck into the coloured portion of the wrap making the threads to loose.
Latest posts by Piya C (see all)
- Edible Bird Nest, Caviar of The East - December 11, 2018
- Using Feeding Tube, Yes Or No? - December 8, 2018
- 6 tips to fight de-motivation when you are trying to lose weight - December 6, 2018