Nobody is perfect in this world, but with lots of hard work and dedication, one can achieve the perfection. If you are embarrassed about your weight and bulgy body, then you have to take action about it and stop sulking anymore.
Here are some workouts which can make you lean and sculpted in 6 weeks
- Cut down your carbs intake in half for four days and add 50 gram protein in daily intake.
- Increase the exercise weights by 50% every week.
- Perform cardio exercise in the morning with empty stomach.
- Increase your speed and frequency of reps every week.
- Follow the precautionary measures of the weight training exercises.
The six week workout routine
Workout schedule for first, third and fifth week is:
Monday: Full body workout
Tuesday: Cardio Exercise set 1
Wednesday: Full body workout
Thursday: Cardio Exercise set 2
Friday: Full body workout
Saturday: Cardio Exercise set 1
There would be a slight modification in the schedule of the second, fourth and sixth week and that would be set 2 of the cardio exercise will occur twice a week on Tuesday and Friday.
Do a general cardio exercise for 5 – 10 minutes and do skipping or stretching of the same duration as the previous exercise. Set up a treadmill its maximum incline and set the speed on which you can run for 30 seconds. Since you are going to do a treadmill round (a modification of treadmill exercise which includes floor workouts) therefore you should also set up another exercise props like stationary ball, a 50 pound dumbbell and an ABS wheel.
Exercise set 1
You have to do every exercise for the duration of 30 seconds and as quick as possible without injuring yourself. Start the treadmill round with a 30 seconds sprint followed by elbow plank on the stationary ball, sprint, reverse crunches with the dumbbell, sprint and ABS wheel rollout with your knees. Repeat the steps in the same sequence for 8 – 10 times and finish the exercise with 5 – 10 minutes general cool down session.
Exercise set 2
These exercises will also be for 30 seconds and the set will start with a 30 seconds sprint on the treadmill followed by 20 kneeling high cable crunches, walking with the heaviest dumbbell to the possible distance, hill sprint, 20 lateral medicine ball wall tosses per side and walking with the dumbbells. Repeat the same sequence for 6 – 8 times and finish the exercise with 5 – 10 minutes cool down session.
Barbell front squat
This exercise mainly targets the quadriceps, but also affects the muscles of calves, glutes and hamstrings. The steps of this exercise are
- Stand inside a squat rack and set the bar according to your height.
- Once you adjust the height, bring your hands under the bar. Keep the elbows high and your upper arm slightly parallel to the ground.
- Rest the bar on your deltoids and cross your arms for better control while grasping it.
- Uplift the bar from the rack by pushing with your legs and simultaneously straightening your upper body.
- Take a step away from the rack and stand at a shoulder width distance with toes pointed out.
- Keep your head up and maintain a straight back otherwise you can lose balance and injure yourself.
- Slowly bring down the bar by bending your knees till the angle between your upper legs and calves is a bit less than ninety degrees while keeping your head up and back straight.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and then rise to get back to the original position by pushing up your legs.
- Repeat the steps for 5 reps
Caution: You should not do this work out if you have back issues and if you have healthy back then you should not slouch forward otherwise you will hurt your back. Start the workout with lighter weights and then move on for the heavy ones.
This exercise mainly targets the broadest muscles of the back, but also affects the muscles of arms, shoulders, abdomen, pelvic floor, hands and forearms.
- Place a horizontal bar at a height
- Hang on the bar by holding it with your hands placed at a shoulder width distance
- Pull the shoulder blades back and focus on pulling down the bar
- Clench your butt and tighten your ABS throughout the exercise
- Try to get your chin above the bar by uplifting yourself. It will not be counted as a full rep until your chin reaches above the bar.
- Repeat the steps for 5 reps.
This exercise mainly targets the hamstrings but also acts on calves, glutes and lower back muscles. The steps are:
- Put a barbell on the ground and place your hands on it at a distance more than shoulder width.
- Lift the bar by bending the knees and keeping the shins vertical. The back and arms should be straight and hips should be pointed backward.
- Stand straight while holding the barbell so its position is around your belly button level. Hold this position for 5 breathes.
- Lower down the barbell to get into original position by bending your knees and hips at back.
- Do it for 5 reps
Single Arm Dumbbell Bench Press
This workout targets the chest, shoulders and triceps. The steps of this exercise are:
- Lie down on your back on a flat bench with a dumbbell on your right hand facing upward. Your upper arm is parallel to the ground.
- Raise the dumbbell by stretching your right hand in upward direction
- Hold this position for five breaths
- Bring down the dumbbell in its original position by bending the right elbow.
- Do these steps for 5 times more.
This exercise consists of a combination of two or more than two exercises. Here we will discuss about bent over row, hang clean and back squat
Bent over row
Pull the bar to bring it closer to the belly button by pushing your hips at back so that the upper body becomes slightly parallel to the ground. Lower down the bar to get into the original position. Repeat the steps for 5 reps.
Hold the bar at a distance more than the shoulder width by bending your knees. Raise the bar as high as you can by pulling it up above your head. Bring it a little down and support it on your deltoids. Do a squat under the bar by bending your knees. Bring it down as in the original position. Do these steps for 5 times.
This exercise targets the quadriceps, calves and glutes. Step into the squat rack and adjust the bar to your shoulder level. After adjustment, stand under the bar and hold the bar with your hands by straightening your upper body. Step away from the rack while maintaining a straight posture. Bring down your body by bending your knees till the angle between your upper leg and calves becomes less than 90 degrees. Hold this position for a few breathes and then stand up to get in the original position.
This exercise targets the arms, chest, back and core. The steps of this exercise are:
- Place the dumbbells at some more distance than shoulder width
- Get into the pushup position while holding the dumbbells
- Lower down your body to the floor and bring yourself back to upside to complete one pushup
- Do 100 fast pushups as fast as you can
These are the exercises which give you full body workout and you should do them three days a week on alternate days and cardio exercises in between of these weight training exercises. There are two sets of cardio above mentioned and you can include them in your workout plan for two days. Give yourself two days of rest so that you body can repair the wear and tears of the body.
Besides workout, you also must take care of your diet and water intake. Drink plenty of water because the body loses lots of water during the workout session. Always keep healthy snacks with you to eat pre and post workout. A planned workout with a healthy diet gives you an awesome result in 6 weeks time. So go ahead and hit the gym or try to do these exercises at home.
Latest posts by Piya C (see all)
- List of Famous Indian Celebrities Died in 2017-2018 (UPDATED) - July 18, 2018
- How to Keep Your Mind And Body in Shape Once You’ve Retired - July 16, 2018
- How Can Online Therapy Help you in Depression? - July 16, 2018