Henna is the perfect conditioner since ages and it is still very popular even in next generation. It can benefits your hair in various ways such as
- Prevents graying of hair
- Moisturizes hair and nourish it
- Heal the itchy scalp and removes irritation
- Promotes hair growth
- Natural coloring agent for hair
- Cures dandruff and prevent its further reoccurrences
There are some general tips with respect to usage of henna which are:
- Always choose henna of a good brand. The good quality henna is olive green in color and has sweet smell while the poor quality henna has light green or gray in color which should be avoided.
- Always soak henna for overnight in an iron vessel so that it can get oxidized for better results.
- If you want to apply oil to your scalp and hair then do it at least one hour before applying henna.
- You should avoid henna in case of severe scalp infection and extremely dry hair.
- If you have damaged hair then you should use henna on regular basis and wait for at least 45 – 60 days to get the effective results.
Here are some homemade remedies which include the goodness of henna for various hair problems.
HENNA AS COLORING AGENT
Henna is 100 percent natural coloring agent which is not just safe and quick but it is also without any side effects.
Henna – Amla pack
- Mix 2 cups of henna powder, half cup of Amla powder, 2 tablespoons of Shikakai powder, 1 egg white, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of tulsi powder and 1 tablespoon of bring raj powder and make a paste out of it.
- Add coffee or tea decoction to this paste and leave for overnight.
- Apply this hair pack in morning on hair evenly and let it stay for 45 minutes.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap as it will keep your hair moistened and enhance its absorbance.
Henna – beetroot pack
- Take 2 cups of henna in an iron bowl. Pour the tea decoction into the bowl and mix continually to remove any lumps.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coffee powder and soak the mixture overnight in the iron vessel to get oxidized. This practice will give a rich and deep color.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 egg white and 1 cup beetroot juice to the henna mixture.
- Apply this hair pack on your hair evenly and let it stay for 2 – 3 hours.
- Wash it off with plain water and then with a mild shampoo.
This treatment will prevent graying of hair as well as it gives your hair a natural burgundy color just like salon coloring.
HENNA AS HAIR GROWTH AID
Another use of henna is for hair growth as it nourishes your hair while promoting new hair growth. It adds volume to your hair by enhance thickening of it. It is used to make homemade essential oil which can cure white hair, hair fall and pollution damaged hair.
Henna – gingili mixture
- Heat 250 grams gingili oil and add 5 cups of henna powder into it.
- Boil the mixture for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Let this mixture cool down completely and then store it for future use.
- Apply this mixture twice or thrice a week for 2 months for effective results.
Henna – fenugreek pack
- Soak 2 cups of henna and half cup of fenugreek seeds separately in water for overnight.
- Grind the fenugreek seeds in morning and make a paste.
- Add this paste to the henna along with 2 tablespoons of mustard oil and mix thoroughly.
- Apply this hair pack on hair and scalp.
- Let it stay for 2 hours and then wash it off with plain water and with a mild shampoo afterwards.
HENNA AS HAIR CONDITIONER
Henna is old age method to condition hair as it helps in smoothen the rough cuticles, add luster to hair, prevents tangling, straightens the hair and make frizzy hair manageable.
Henna – Amla pack
- Take 2 cups of henna powder, 1 cup Amla powder, 2 tablespoons hibiscus powder, 2 tablespoons of fenugreek powder and 1 tablespoon of orange peel powder.
- Mix all these ingredients with sufficient amount of curd and make a thick paste.
- Apply this pack on your hair evenly and keep it for 1 – 2 hours.
- Cover your hair with shower cap.
- Rinse with plain water and then wash with a mild shampoo.
Henna – Green tea pack
- Soak 2 cups of henna powder into 2 cups of freshly brewed green tea decoction for overnight in an iron vessel.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of beaten yogurt to the henna mixture. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply this pack on hair and leave it for 3 hours.
- Wash it off first with water and then with a mild shampoo.
HENNA AS DANDRUFF CURE
Henna is very useful for moisturizing the scalp and cures many scalp problems. Here are two remedies to prevent dandruff problem:
Henna – curd pack
- Soak one cup of fenugreek seeds in 2 cups of curd for overnight and grind it in the morning.
- Add 1 cup of henna powder and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to this paste and mix well.
- Apply this paste on your hair and keep it for 45 minutes.
- Wash it off with plain water and wash with a mild shampoo next day.
- Use this treatment at least once a week on regular basis for positive results.
Henna – olive oil pack
- Soak 2 cups henna powder in water for overnight.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 white egg to it in morning.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and make a paste.
- Apply the pack and leave it for 2 hours.
- Rinse with water and wash with a mild shampoo.
HENNA AS HAIR FALL PROTECTOR
Hair can be damaged by many factors like heat, dust, pollution, humidity etc. but henna can repair the damage in a natural way and gives a natural protection against hair fall.
Henna – coriander pack
- Soak 2 cups of henna for overnight.
- Make paste of handful of coriander leaves and grind peppercorns.
- Add these ingredients to henna and mix thoroughly.
- Apply on roots and entire hair length and leave it for 2 hours.
- Wash it off with water and then with a mild shampoo.
Latest posts by Piya C (see all)
- Best Ketogenic Diet Plan for Effective Weight Loss - October 17, 2018
- 5 Things Young Couples Should Learn from Prince and Yuvika - October 17, 2018
- Eating Fruits for Weight Loss: Are You at Risk of Diabetes? - October 16, 2018