Nighttime is a time when our body gets proper rest and does all the repairing work of tissues especially the skin tissues. Although, we all desire to get a beautiful glowing skin but many of us lose our natural skin glow due to the extremely busy lifestyle. But do you know that you can revive your skin health and texture while you sleep at night? If you want to know how night time beauty regime can help you in getting a glowing skin then this article is a must read for you!
Most of the time, we focus more on ‘daytime’ beauty regime. But beauty experts around the world recommend focusing more on night skin care treatment. Our skin cells develop and repair mostly during the night time when we go to bed. So, following a proper night-time skin care routine can surely give your skin that healthy glow!
Read on and follow these Night time beauty secrets for glowing skin:
Remove your make-up before going to bed
Most of us return home way too tired at late night so we jump straight into the bed. But going to bed with make-up on can have a devastating effect on the skin. The makeup products you use are made from chemical based ingredients which may cause severe skin problems if left on for a longer period of time.
So, dermatologists and beauty experts suggest people remove any kind of makeup before going to bed (even if it’s simple kohl). Leaving makeup on overnight will not allow the skin cells to repair and you may end up with a very oily skin the next morning. The makeup blocks the skin pores which leads to acne problem. So, always cleanse your face with an alcohol-free cleanser to remove the layer of makeup.
- Wash properly with soap and water
Cleansing the face with soap and water is essential for removing all the dirt and oil that gets accumulated on our face. But you may have read on the internet and heard even people saying that soap isn’t for the face. However, it isn’t so true!
Yes, few people have sensitive skin which gets irritated by soap but they can go for ‘super fatted’ facial soap which has extra moisturizing properties.
Otherwise, you may go for cleansers, especially for make-up removal. But make sure the one you use is ‘sulphate free’ because sulfate cleansers can rob your skin of its vital moisture and nutrients. So, look for milder ones (without sulfate content) the next time you go for shopping!!
The type of cleansing process depends on you but the goal should be the proper removal of makeup, oil and environmental debris from your skin. Also, while cleansing, don’t forget to clean your neck, hands, eyelids and skin behind the ears!
Note: Using mild warm water for cleansing skin will be more beneficial as it promotes better blood circulation.
- Use protective products for your skin
Our skin repairs itself during the time we sleep. So, if you have any kind of skin problem and you use beauty treatment products then the best time to apply them is before going to bed.
Minor skin problems such as fine lines, blemishes, enlarged blotches and seasonal pimples can be treated better with home-made treatment remedy compared to the chemical based ones. However, if you have severe skin problems, then you should seek help from a dermatologist.
Here is a small guide on home-made skin treatment remedies:
- For dark circles: Take tea bags and refrigerate them for some time. Use these cold tea bags on your dark circles to sooth the skin. Let them rest for about 10 minutes. Not only this procedure will make you feel fresh but will lighten the area as well!
- For dull skin: Use a mix of buttermilk and mango and apply the paste on your face. Let the pack rest for a while and then wash it off with cold water. The lactic acid and antioxidants present in the mix brightens and gives it a boost!
- For pimple treatment: Just squeeze some lemon juice and dilute it with some water. Apply the solution on your skin with the help of a cotton ball. Let it rest for a while and then wash it off with cold water!
- Moisturize your skin
Moisturizing the skin is a vital part of the night skin care regime. After the cleansing process, our skin loses some of its moisture. So, to restore it back, this process is necessary.
Generally, people with oily skin ignore moisturization. However, skin experts recommend moisturizing the skin no matter what type of skin you have. You may choose the type of moisturizer: Gel, lotion or cream, according to your skin type but not completely avoid moisturizing if you wish to get a healthy skin!
Here are few tips for better moisturization:
- To prevent skin aging: Try out moisturizers containing retinol, peptide or alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). These improve collagen synthesis.
- To prevent acne: Go for moisturizers which have salicylic acid or AHAs.
- For pigmentation: Look for moisturizers which have vitamin C, kojic acid, and alpha arbutin. These provide the skin with the important nutrients it needs to get a natural glow.
- Do not use toners
Although, toning falls under the C-T-M process i.e. Cleanse-Tone-Moisturize but toning is not so necessary all the time. Actually, it causes more damage when done on regular basis. The toners generally found in the market contain high alcohol which is not good for your skin. The alcohol dries up the skin and gives it a duller look. So avoid toners as much as possible! If you use them make sure you are not doing it on a daily basis.
Here are few more night skin care tips you may follow for glowing skin:
- Use eye creams to prevent puffiness, dark circles and moisturize the skin region near your eyes.
- Moisturize and treat your lips for your going to bed. Use lip moisturizer for chapped lips!
- Use silk bed sheet and pillow cover so that your skin doesn’t get damaged.
- Try to sleep on your back as pushing your face into the pillow increases chances of wrinkle formation.
Latest posts by Piya C (see all)
- Which are Free Delivery E Liquid Websites in the UK? - February 22, 2018
- Braces For Your Teeth: Why They’re So Important in Some Cases - February 20, 2018
- List of Heart Health Month Products – Discounts 2018 [20% OFF Extra] - February 19, 2018