Life is not possible without oxygen. Our body is saturated 95% with oxygen and any fall in this level can be lethal. However, your body may start losing this reactive element for some reasons. And if the condition goes unchecked for some time, it can lead to serious consequences including heart failure or brain damage.
Now the question arises, how would you know that the oxygen level in your body is well-maintained? This is the kind of evaluation where a good Pulse Oximeter can help. You can get one home and ensure your near and dear ones are in good health condition.
Analyzing the need to keep the oxygen level maintained in the human body, pulse oximeter was invented. It was first introduced into hospitals in 1985 to facilitate the treatment of certain conditions like neonatal blindness, pneumonia, and others. Nowadays, these devices are of great help in saving lives on a daily basis. It is used not just in hospitals, but also in homes to improve the quality of life.
Recommended Products Review
- Best Otoscope Reviews 2018
- Best Forehead Thermometers for Babies
- Best Pregnancy Pillows
- Posture Braces for Shoulders
- Philips Pulse Oximeter Review
- Neclife Dr. Trust Pulse Oximeter Review
How does an Oximeter function?
This is a non-invasive device that is used to evaluate the quantity of oxygen present in your bloodstream. It generates an audio signal if the level of oxygen falls below normal. As the alarm bells, a doctor has around 3 minutes to avert the chances of the heart of brain damage. This is why the device has to be extremely accurate and fast. A good quality oximeter is manufactured to ensure high precision – it is so efficient that it can detect even 1% change in the oxygen saturation level.
Why is it necessary to have one?
There are various conditions that may reduce the level of oxygen in the bloodstream. Therefore, it is important to have a handy tool that can raise an alarm on detecting even the slightest downfall in the level of oxygen or in the case of hydrogen starvation. To help you, there are a number of portable devices available in the market. Enlisted here are top five:
Concord Emerald Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
This is an efficient pulse oximeter for sports fanatics. It is packed with a number of features that allows easy monitoring of oxygen level and pulse rate with effectiveness and comfort. The unit is easy to operate as it has just one button to let you go. Devices are made available with a number of accessories like batteries, carrying case, protective rubber and so on.
- The device is easy to operate with just one button
- Gives fast yet accurate readings
- Offered with two-year warranty
- Designed to fit an array of finger sizes – from kids to adults
- A great choice for doctors, nurses, and students
- Well-constructed and easy to carry when traveling
What may you not like it?
Users say that results may deviate if fingers are cold and even when the individual under examination is suffering from peripheral vascular constriction. In other conditions, it is a perfect choice.
CMS 50-DL Pulse Oximeter
This pulse oximeter is a professional grade device that you can also carry in your pocket. Though it is designed to fit your pocket, it is loaded with innumerable features to give a fantastic user experience. The device features a processing, display module, and a pulse rate bar chart that gives you the necessary information required to monitor any fall in the oxygen level.
Accuracy is assured if you get this device as it is armed with an interference resistance ability against the ambient light. Low consumption, batteries are used to avail services for around 4 hours.
- Light in weight and compact devices is available with a carrying case
- AAA battery that lasts longer
- Indicator for low battery and automatic power shut down
- Facility to accommodate varying sizes of fingers
- Used by a large group of professionals
- Gives accurate results
- Reliable digital readouts
- Responds quickly to changing conditions
What you may not like?
The price is kept low as it is made of low-grade plastic. However, it has nothing to do with its performance, effectiveness, and accuracy.
Finger Pulse Oximeter
This pulse oximeter is lashed with all the features necessary to place it among the top home based devices sold in the market. A number of attributes facilitate monitoring oxygen level easy and effortlessly. Accurate readings are obtained with every use due to its sophisticated signal processing ways. For power, it uses two alkaline AAA batteries which last for around 30 hours.
Those who travel a lot find this device quite useful for its light in weight and compact design. You can also carry it while going for outdoor activities. With a neck strap that comes with it, the portability is further enhanced.
- Ensures easy operations
- Gives fast results
- Can last for up to 30 hours if the batteries are fully charged
- One year warranty ensures durability
- Facilitates portability
- Users give it a 4.6 rating out of 5 for its excellent performance
- Some users also praise the customer service for their effectiveness in managing operations
What may you not like it?
Some users found that the device took a while to provide the reading. However, the slight delay is not enough to ruin the overall customer experience and accuracy of the device.
Acc U Rate Premium Pulse Oximeter
As the name suggests, it is designed to give accurate results with every measurement. Nothing beats this device when it comes to delivering precision – even when you take a measurement at low blood perfusion. The device allows measuring the oxygen level as well as the pulse rate instantly. Just one button to operate and you get the benefits of this device.
Always accurate and reliable readings are observed due to the plethysmograph. The results of the measurement can be viewed from any angle with its dual colored OLED. You get a reliable companion with this device when playing sports or taking part in any outdoor activities.
- OLED display that is dual colored and rotatable allows you to view the readings from any angle
- Gives readings in seconds
- Advance sensors allow taking measurements even when the blood perfusion is low
- Easy operations with one button
- Comes to power alert and shuts off automatically when idle for 8 seconds
- Readers rate it 4.8 out of 5, which ensures its reliability
- One of the best devices on the market
- Sleek and simple design
What you may not like:
Some users feel that it should be available with a chart reflecting the normal range for people belonging to different age groups and/or gender. Also, the technical manual has many jargons that an average user finds difficult to understand. However, you can rest assured that you will understand the process after using the device for a few times.
Easy@Home Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
This is an FDA approved device available with a number of features to ensure reliability and flexibility. Use once and you will understand how easy it is to operate the device. With just one button to operate, you don’t need to be a technical expert to take the measurement. All you require is to place the fingertip into the given chamber and results are obtained in a few seconds. A comprehensive reading of the assessment is made available through bar graph and waveform graph.
- Thanks to its rotating OLED bright display that you can view the results from any angle
- The finger chamber has been designed to fit all sizes
- Available with auto shut off feature when not used for 5 seconds
- You get a lifetime warranty on the product, ensuring hassle-free replacement
- The device comes with a package including a user manual, carrying case, wrist/neck cord and batteries
- Users find it extremely useful and give 4.7 rating out of 5
- Offers excellent value at affordable price, great operations, reliable results, clear display, prolonged battery life and portability
What may you not like it?
Some users find that opening and closing the cover for batteries is difficult, but it has nothing to do with the efficiency and performance of the device. It is perfectly accurate.
6. MeasuPro OX150 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
Latest posts by Pearlp (see all)
- Best Pulse Oximeters: Top 6 in 2018 - January 1, 2018
- Top 5 Homemade Face Masks for a Glowing Skin - June 5, 2017
- 12 Resolutions Every Wed Couple Should Remind at their Valentine - May 4, 2017