Holi colors on your face and hair shows that you had loads of fun during the festival. The fading patches of red, green, and magenta on your skin feel like badges after Holi but it will start irritating you after few days. You want your natural skin color back on its place but it seems difficult if you have a stubborn tint glued to your skin.
Here are four ways to take off holi colors from your skin:
Use cold water
The first and simple step is to rinse your skin with cold water. If you will use warm water then it will do the opposite means it can solidify the colors on your skin. Gently wipe off the color from your face and body with cold water as much as possible so that you can know where the stubborn patches are lying which requires the further color removal treatment.
Do not scrub the skin
Scrubbing the colored patches won’t take off the color so don’t waste your energy in this useless task. You must remember that scrubbing can cause rashes and dry skin. Do not use chemical based soap on the colored part because the skin become sensitive after playing with colors and chemical from soap can further increase the irritation, itching and burning sensation in the skin.
Apply face pack
This is the best natural method to remove colors as it contains natural ingredients which not just remove the stained skin but also nourished the underlying layers and brings out the glow on your face. We have listed some simple and quick face packs
Take 3 tablespoon yogurt, 2 tablespoon gram flour, rose water and olive oil into a bowl and mix it thoroughly to form a paste. Apply it on your face while massaging your skin into a circular motion. Let it dry for 15 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. If you have sensitive skin then you can keep only yogurt and gram flour into the pack. Yogurt is natural bleach and has skin lightening effect as well as moisturizing properties. Gram flour acts as a mild scrub and gently peels off the dead skin from your face. This pack is suitable for all skin types.
Another quick and effective face pack is fuller’s earth face pack. You need 2 tablespoon of fuller’s earth and rose water to make a thick paste. Apply it on your face after cleaning it with cold water. Leave it for 20 – 25 minutes and rinse it off with cold water. Repeat this treatment on alternate days for a week for best results.
If you don’t have fuller’s earth at home then just mix lemon juice with honey and apply it onto your face. It will lighten the dark shade and bring out the natural color of your skin. Use this treatment daily for best outcomes.
Besides these face packs you can also use these tips:
- Use a cleanser which contains lemon and aloe vera extract or you can prepare a mixture of these ingredients at home.
- After removing the face pack, apply an antiseptic cream on your face
- If your skin is itching then you can use combination of glycerine and rose water. Leave it for few minutes on affected region and then rinse it off with water.
- You can also apply coconut oil before using a mild soap or rub a lemon wedge on the colored area.
- Excessive washing of face can dry and irritate your skin so try to avoid too much washing.
Wash and condition your hair
You must condition your hair with coconut oil before going to play with colours otherwise the color won’t come off easily. After holi, apply an egg yolk on your scalp and massage it properly. You can also apply a mixture of egg and curd on your hair. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo after 45 minutes. If you don’t want to use egg then you can mix fenugreek powder into yogurt and apply it on your scalp. Wash it after 30 minutes. This will take off the color, nourish your scalp and soften your hair at the same time.
These tips are post holi tips and work more effectively if you don’t forget to take precautions before playing Holi. Some of the pre holi precautions are:
- Oil your hair a night before holi
- Moisturize your exposed skin as much as possible
- Paint your nails with dark colours
- Apply foundation if you are going to play with dry colours
- Try to play with herbal colours
Latest posts by Pearlp (see all)
- Top 5 Homemade Face Masks for a Glowing Skin - June 5, 2017
- 12 Resolutions Every Wed Couple Should Remind at their Valentine - May 4, 2017
- Skin Care Tips to Look Gorgeous in your 30s - April 24, 2017