Having a trimmed midsection will not only make you look great but it will also help you to remain healthy in the long run. Do you know losing belly fat helps you to sleep better and also it improves blood vessels as well? Larger waistlines come with an increased risk of health diseases like cancer, heart stroke and much more. So, cheers to adding some more years to your life. Let’s say yes to losing belly fat. And this time we will do in a healthy way. Let’s say yes to cardio and yoga exercise to lose belly fat. Just for your inspiration, Actor Ram Kapoor has reduced his weight naturally.
It is always said that spot weight loss is quite difficult. We can lose weight only when we lose weight overall. Otherwise, spot weight loss and that too only at belly area is extremely difficult. For Findhealthtips’ Youtube channel, we have worked with a different set of fitness experts in Yoga, and Kickboxing experts who have shared their fitness and flat belly exercises with us.
Here you will find the list of belly fat loss exercise and various exercise for stomach:
I have given a benefit of each and every exercise and step by step details – how to perform it. Rest you can watch in the video if in case you have any doubt about this.
Let’s introduce our first Yoga Expert – Shubham. He has taught the following Yoga poses in the video and shared the list of benefits:
Ardha Navasana –
Ardha Navasana is also known as half boat pose. In this particular yoga pose, the body achieves the shape of a half boat and the stress and pressure are on the hips. In this asana the body balances between the sit bone and the tail bone with the spine extending completely straight.
As per Yogapedia, Ardha Navasana is extremely helpful to relieve stress from your body. It also helps to regulate your menstrual cycle into a regular pattern. Balance and focus can also be ensured with this yoga pattern. This is also one of the best belly fat exercise. Traditionally, Ardha Navasana is associated with chakra or wheels and thus lack of confidence and powerless feeling would also be taken care with this yoga pose only.
How to do –
- Begin by lying down on your back
- Straight your legs and bring your arms towards your knees
- Gradually inhale and raise both your legs and upper part of your body at a precise 30-degree angle
- Maintain this pose for as long as you can comfortably. Keep inhaling and exhaling as per your comfort.
- Exhale slowly and bring yourself back to the original position
This is 1 complete set. Do this at least twice a day with a minimum 3-5 rounds.
Surya Namaskar –
One of the best exercises for the stomach is Surya Namaskar. Surya Namaskar which is also known as “Sun Salutation” is one of the best yoga for a flat stomach. Surya Namaskar is a combination of 12 different yoga postures and each of them is targeted towards one or another health concern.
Celebrity Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar suggested that Surya namaskar should be practiced every day in the morning as it is the best time suggested for the same.
Let’s have a look at how to do this belly fat reduce exercise –
- Begin with the mountain pose where you need to stand in a straight position and fold both your hands and keep it just in front of your chest.
- Begin by inhaling deeply and raise your hands above your head with your fingers pointing outwards. Slightly push your hips also slightly forward.
- Now, exhale and bend forward at your hips and keep your back and legs straight. Bring your chest against your thighs and your crown should be aimed at the floor. Place your hands on the floor and keep your back as straight as possible.
- Inhale and slowly slide your hands up and along. Create a triangle between your feet, head, and hips.
- Exhale and again return back to the half-standing position. Make sure that your back is straight.
- Now, get down into the plank position. Here your shoulder should be width apart and your hips should be feet apart. Hold this position for 1 minute.
- This is known as 4 limbed staff pose where you bend your arms at the elbow area so that your torso is exactly parallel to the floor. Push back your legs onto your heels and also keeping the legs straight out behind you.
- Inhale slowly and enter the upward dog pose. Push your toes behind so that the top of your feet is resting forward on the floor. Keep your arms straight and your hands must be resting on the floor. Raise your head and push your chest forward and your shoulder also in the backward direction.
- Get into the downward dog pose where you lower your feet and hands and make a downward triangle position.
- Now, again do the half-standing pose.
- Gradually return back to the Namaskaram pose
This is also known as side plank pose. This is a very powerful arm and wrist strengthener. This power yoga for weight loss pose is known to tone the entire upper body and strengthen the back muscles. As per the Siddhi Yoga, this is one of the best exercises to reduce the back and arms pain. This is also a highly recommended yoga to lose weight in 10 days.
How to do –
- Begin with the plank pose
- Shift your weight rightwards from your arm to your foot area
- Swing your left arm and left foot
- Make sure that your left foot rests on the right foot as your left armrests on the hip area
- Place your right hand slightly above the shoulder and not below it
- Press the palm against the floor so that the arm is straight
- Inhale and rest your left arm so that it is perpendicular to the floor
- Hold this pose for few seconds and then exhale gently
This is one of the best yoga for weight loss which is known as the tree pose. This is a major stretching exercise which extends from your head to your toes. This exercise increases your stamina, concentration, and immunity. This is also a very good exercise to open up your hips.
How to do –
- Stand erects and joins your feet closely.
- Fold the right leg and place it on the top of your left thigh. Make sure that your right leg is pointing downwards.
- The right leg should be perpendicular to your left leg
- Extend your arms above your head area
- Inhale and make namaskar mudra with your palms
- Hold the pose by keeping your spine straight
- Do 3-5 rounds as per your choice
This is also called a shoulder stand yoga pose. This is known as “Mother of all asanas” when it comes to yoga for abs. this is one of the best yoga for weight loss. This is also a highly recommended yoga pose for weight loss for beginners.
How to do –
- Lie down on your stomach position
- Raise your legs and make them stand at an angle of 90 degrees
- Bring the legs towards your head area by raising your buttocks
- Raise the legs, abdomen and chest area so that a straight line is formed
- Place the palms on your back area for support
- Place the chin against your chest area
- Maintain this position for at least 30 seconds and then come back to your original position.
Baka Asana –
This is also known as crow pose. This belly fat reduces exercise is also known to open up the hips. This opens up the groin area as well and makes you much more confident and stand out.
How to do –
- Begin by coming into the mountain pose
- Lift your hips and bring them closer to your knee area so that it is closer to your upper triceps.
- Look forward and lift your feet up towards the floor
- Make sure that your weight is on your arms
- Hold this position for some time
This yoga for a flat stomach is also known as the four-limbed staff pose. This helps to develop core stability. This helps to keep the spine balanced and prevent you from back injuries.
How to do –
- Begin by making the downward dog pose
- Bring the torso and leg few inches above and parallel to the ground
- Make sure that your legs are engaged and your tailbone is firmly at the place
- Hold this position for 30 seconds
Our other Yoga Expert is Lara B. from Yoga SkillZ performed Bow Pose for flat yoga pose and shared the benefits:
Bow Pose | Dhaur Asana –
This is a basic posture of yoga asana which is a very popular belly fat loss exercise. This is one of the best yoga to lose weight in 10 days. This is also a strengthening exercise which helps to improve your blood circulation and increase your digestive power and appetite.
How to do –
- Begin by lying flat on your stomach
- Your hips should be width apart and your arms beside your body
- Fold your knees and hold your ankles
- Inhale and lift your legs and chest above the ground
- Look straight and hold the position for 15-20 seconds
Cardio Trainer Rajkumar under the supervision of Expert trainer Roshan from a Knockout academy in Paschim Vihar has taught the following cardio exercises for a flat belly in the video:
Bear Crawl –
The bear crawl is one of the trending belly fat reduce exercise. It is used to build your core area and improve your shoulder mobility as well. This is also known to increase your hip stability too.
How to do –
- Begin with the push-up or plank position
- Stand on your knees with your hands above the shoulder and palms should be down on the floor area
- Make sure that your fingers are pointing outwards and your hands are shoulder apart
- If you are looking to do the full bear crawl, then get on your toes with your legs straight up. Make sure that your shoulder is slightly wider than your feet.
Burpees are one of the best exercises for the stomach and it is quite easy too. This is a full-body exercise which is highly beneficial and very good power yoga for weight loss.
How to do –
- From standing position, get down into the squat position
- Make sure that your hands are on the ground in front of your feet area
- Kick your feet behind your back so that your arms are extended and they are in full plank position now
Few more very common and effective cardio exercises for weight loss are given below:
Sprinting – This is one of the best power yoga for weight loss. This is a highly recommended exercises to lose belly fat. Sprinting is actually running as hard as you can and maybe for a 400-meter race or less than that.
Boxing – Boxing is actually a sport which requires a very high level of strength, stability, agility, and speed. Boxing is very important in improving your cardiovascular health which increases the blood circulation and then helps in belly fat loss exercise.
Trampoline-ing – Do you know jumping helps to increase your bone density? This is one of the best belly fat loss exercises which helps in engaging every muscle and stimulate cell production so that the healthy cells are produced. Trampoline helps in detoxifying your body and thus improving lymphatic circulation which is a very good yoga for weight loss.
Treadmill – Treadmills are usually the diagnosis of heart diseases and it ensures that your heart is well functioning. Treadmill exercises are a great way to prevent any kind of disease and keep you in great shape. One of the best exercises to reduce fat belly is a treadmill.
Hula-Hooping – According to the American Council on exercise, hula hopping is one of those fun exercises which is a great way to stay in shape. This is a very good yoga for weight loss. Can you believe hula hooping can burn up to 400 calories per hour? It can easily replace your ab workouts and thus very good yoga for abs. Thus, you can easily use this yoga to lose weight in 10 days.
Jumping Jacks – Jumping jacks is one of the best belly fat loss exercises which is known to accelerate your heart rate. This yoga for weight loss is recommended by people of all age group so that you can get the best for your health. As per the health experts, there are various forms of jumping jacks and thus choose the one which is best suited for weight loss.