If you are a recovering (or soon-to-be recovering) alcoholic who has just moved to Colorado Springs, you have chosen one of the best places to stay sober. Colorado’s beautiful landscape and abundance of outdoor activities provide the perfect backdrop for a healthy, sober lifestyle. As a new resident, however, it may be difficult to know where to find addiction treatment and management resources.
This guide will provide an overview of the best options available in Colorado Springs as well as some activities.
Finding Sobriety Resources in Colorado Springs
The first step is to find a reputable alcohol and drug rehab center. There are many excellent facilities in the area, but not all of them are right for you. It is important to do your research and ask around to find the program that best meets your needs. If you are unsure where to start, consider these options:
- Springs Recovery Connection is an ideal place for those who prefer outpatient care and community-based recovery programs. They are a secular organization that offers a variety of 12-step and non-12 step programs as well as other pathways to healing from addiction.
- The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is an internationally recognized rehab center with locations all over the country, including Denver. They offer inpatient and outpatient treatment, as well as aftercare services.
- Mountain View Recovery is another excellent choice for inpatient care. They are a Christian program that also offers intensive outpatient programs, which could be beneficial for those who need more time to adjust before transitioning home.
- Attending AA meetings in Colorado Springs is also a great way to connect with people in recovery and find support. There are many meetings to choose from, and you can find a list of them on the Rehab.com website.
Sober Activities in Colorado Springs
Once you have found a treatment program that works for you, it is important to find activities to keep you busy and focused on your sobriety. Here are some ideas:
- Hiking and biking are popular activities in Colorado Springs and offer a great way to get outside and enjoy nature. The town and surrounding areas are filled with trails and paths that are perfect for a morning or afternoon of exercise.
- The Garden of the Gods is a beautiful park in Colorado Springs that offers stunning views and plenty of opportunities for hiking, picnicking, and rock climbing.
- If you are looking for something a little more urban, Denver is a short commute and offers a wealth of activities, including theater and music events, sporting events, and plenty of restaurants and other forms of sober entertainment.
- In the winter, Colorado Springs’ close proximity to the mountains makes it a great place to ski or snowboard. There are several resorts within a two-hour drive of the city, and some offer discounts for residents.
No matter what time of year it is, there is always something to do in Colorado Springs. With its rich history and diverse landscape, you will never run out of new places to explore. The key is to find activities that you enjoy and that keep you sober and focused on your recovery. With the right resources and support, staying sober in Colorado Springs can be easy and enjoyable.
This post was last modified on February 10, 2022 11:58 am