Gamma Knife radiosurgery is the “gold care standard” for its indications. It is widely used to treat neoplasms in the head and neck, most often – malignant and benign brain tumors. Last few years, the number of patients increased by 300% and was more than 80.000 annually.
AiroMedical has compiled a rating of the best hospitals for Gamma Knife worldwide. Wе considered all the nuances to the smallest detail, including certification, research activities, regular equipment updating, waiting time, etc.
However, we did not assign positions because the study’s primary purpose is to provide a list of hospitals that have gained worldwide fame for their experience and achievements.
Criteria for selecting the Best hospitals for Gamma Knife
The right choice of Gamma Knife clinic is the key to successful treatment. The AiroMedical database contains detailed information about medical institutions. For convenience, they are divided into areas of medicine where, in our opinion, they are most successful.
- Treatment directions. It would be best if you did not choose a clinic that can only partially meet your needs. It is desirable that the entire range of services can be done on the spot. It is especially true for seriously ill patients who struggle to move from one clinic to another.
- Doctor’s resume. Pay attention to the area of his scientific research. Ideally, the attending radiologist and clinic should specialize in patients with similar diagnoses.
- University clinics operate in close cooperation with researchers of educational institutions. Doctors-professors are simultaneously engaged in the treatment and research work. In most cases, these are large multidisciplinary centers whose specialists will provide a thorough approach to any medical problem.
Therefore, if we are discussing a rare or severe disease, it is undoubtedly worth choosing a university hospital.
- Perfect adherence to international care protocols, providing maximum conditions for patient rescue.
- Service level. The detected disease often causes people a stressful state and nervous experience. The best hospitals provide maximum comfort and reduce stress so patients can calmly focus on their health.
Top Hospitals for Gamma Knife in the United States
Leading hospitals in the US that specialize in the Gamma Knife treatment:
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Mayo Clinic Rochester
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic
- Stanford University Medical Center
Benefits of medical treatment in the US
The high level of treatment in the US is formed by:
- Regular state funding of scientific research.
- High-quality doctors training.
- High-tech equipment with improved characteristics and functionality.
Top hospitals for Gamma Knife in Europe
Radiosurgery is one of Europe’s most successful and intensively developing medical fields. The leading Gamma Knife hospitals in Europe are:
- Nordwest Hospital Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch, Germany
- University Hospital Aachen, Germany
- University Hospital Frankfurt am Main of Goethe-University, Germany
- Gamma Knife Center Warsaw, Poland
Benefits of medical treatment in Europe:
Why you should choose treatment in Europe:
- Extensive experience in treating various types of brain tumors.
- European medicine has no equal in all areas of treatment.
- A vast number of hospitals in Europe for Gamma Knife. The choice depends on the budget and, of course, the disease itself.
Top hospitals for Gamma Knife in Poland
Polish doctors successfully treat even the most severe diseases. Among the leading in the list of hospitals in Poland:
- Gamma Knife Center Warsaw
- Gamma Knife Exira Center Katowice
- Maria Sklodowska-Curie Memorial Institute of Oncology Warsaw
- Greater Poland Cancer Centre Poznan
- Oncology Center Lublin
Benefits of medical treatment in Poland
The main advantages of Gamma Knife treatment in Poland:
- World-class neurosurgeons and radiologists who actively increase their knowledge and develop skills by participating in scientific activities, training, and practical courses abroad.
- Hospitals in Poland meet all European and international standards.
- Up to 80% lower prices for Gamma knife treatment compared to the UK and the United States.
Top hospitals for Gamma Knife in Italy
Checking a list of hospitals for Gamma knife, pay attention to the following:
- University Hospital San Raffaele Milan IRCCS
- European Institute of Oncology Milan
- Integrated University Hospital Verona
- Careggi University Hospital Florence
- Padova University Hospital
Benefits of medical treatment in Italy
Treatment in Italy is at a high level thanks to the professionalism of doctors, high-tech equipment, as well as due to annual funding for various developments.
Choosing Italian medicine, patients can get:
- Highly effective therapy.
- The use of the latest equipment and computerized systems. It allows you to most accurately select the position of the focus of the pathological process and direct the radiation beam at it.
- Comfortable environment and comprehensive support of medical staff.
Top hospitals for Gamma Knife in Germany
This list of hospitals for Gamma knife is always ready to receive the patients:
- European Radiosurgery Centre Munich
- Radiotherapy and Gamma Knife Centre Krefeld
- Radiotherapy and Gamma Knife Centre Hanover
- University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
- University Hospital Marburg
Benefits of medical treatment in Germany
The latest treatment methods are created in the hospitals of Germany, at the junction of the scientific work of doctors and their extensive experience. On the other hand, it may take months or even years to implement them in other countries. Benefits of treatment:
- Regular updating of the equipment for the Gamma Knife.
- Combining Gamma Knife treatment with other methods increases the procedure’s effectiveness and speeds up recovery.
- Carefully planning treatment by radiologists with extensive experience increases its efficacy and avoids relapses.
Best Gamma knife doctors worldwide
Almost every leading clinic boasts renowned specialists in the field of radiosurgery. Among the best, it is worth highlighting such specialists:
- Dr. med. Gerhard A. Horstmann
- Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Muacevic
- Dr. med. Arkadiusz Lech
- Dr. med. Otto Bundschuh
- Prof. Dr. med. Miroslaw Zabek
Best treatment solutions with Gamma Knife
Treatment with a Gamma Knife is indicated for:
- Brain cancer and metastases, pituitary tumor (adenoma). With the help of a Gamma Knife, benign and malignant brain tumors of any localization are removed.
- Acoustic neuroma. Treatment can stop the growth or reduce the size of the neurinoma with minimal risk of damage to it.
- Trigeminal neuralgia. Neurosurgeons destroy the corresponding nerve roots, eliminating discomfort. As a result, 90% of patients achieve pain relief within one year.
- Vascular malformations (aneurysms, cavernomas). Gamma Knife leads to the closure of the affected vessels.
- Parkinsonism and essential tremors.
- Eye diseases (uveal melanoma, progressive glaucoma).
Treatment can stop the growth or reduce the size of brain tumors, acoustic neuromas, and other malformations in 80-90% of cases.
How to get treatment in the best hospitals for Gamma Knife
There are not many Gamma Knife centers in the world. AiroMedical provide all the necessary information and organize a complete treatment for you in the best ones. Our platform opens up new opportunities for patients from different countries in the treatment of even the most severe and rare diseases.
We value health above all and know the value of time, so we offer only proven hospitals for your choice. Our patients can also access online consultations with leading specialists from hospitals in the US, Europe, and Israel.
We know how to help in the most challenging cases and make the treatment as effective as possible. Leave a request on the website, and we will provide comprehensive information for the optimal treatment option for your disease.
- Popel A. GammaKnife. AiroMedical. Updated January, 2023. https://airomedical.com/search/gamma-knife
- Kozina J. Gamma knife surgery: alternative to many conditions and more. AiroMedical. Published December 5, 2022. https://airomedical.com/blogs/articles/gamma-knife-surgery-alternative-to-many-conditions-and-more
- Moon H., Park Y. Volume prediction for large brain metastases after hypofractionated gamma knife radiosurgery through artificial neural network. Lippincott journals. Published October 7, 2022. https://journals.lww.com/md-journal/Fulltext/2022/10070/Volume_prediction_for_large_brain_metastases_after.80.aspx
- Ge Y., Zhang Z., Li Y., Lin Y., Zong Y. A single-center treatment experience of gamma knife radiosurgery for optic pathway glioma. National library of medicine. Published August 9, 2022. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9381290/
This post was last modified on March 30, 2023 11:39 pm