Contouring is based on the idea of injecting a preparation under the skin for local volume change and deep wrinkle correction. Such a drug should not be rejected by the body and retain its volume. For example, water is not suitable for this purpose, as it is quickly excreted from the body. Initially, silicone components were used to locally increase the volume of the skin. These drugs were not absorbed in the body, maintaining their volume, but there was always a risk of inflammation, induration, and drug migration.
In the process of looking for an alternative, the developers turned their attention to hyaluronic acid. The fact is that the key problem leading to premature aging of the skin is the reduction in the amount of fluid in the body and the skin in particular. This leads to a reduction in the volume of the skin layer, its thinning, and the appearance of wrinkles
Our body contains hyaluronic acid, which retains water units. Increasing the acid content of the skin helps prevent premature aging of the skin. On the other hand, the introduction of the drug into the tissue allows you to locally change the volume of the skin fold and correct deep wrinkles.
The fills use hyaluronic acid of both animal and artificial origin, which differ in their composition. Animal products contain a certain amount of protein, which can lead to an allergic reaction to the protein. Due to the high risk of complications, it was required to create a drug that would include natural ingredients, but without the content of side impurities.
The Q-med company, which is currently part of the Galderma concern (Sweden), in 1996 began testing a new drug. In the process of testing, the full compliance of the drug with all medical and cosmetic requirements was revealed. In 1997, the company received a patent for the NASHA technology. Hyaluronic acid, obtained by bacterial synthesis using NASHA technology, does not contain animal protein and does not cause allergies in humans. In 2003, the drug was officially approved for use in America to correct skin changes and improve the size of the lips.
Currently, there are three basic modifications of the drug based on hyaluronic acid obtained using NASHA technology. Fillers with hyaluronic acid made according to the NASHA method differ in the density and viscosity of the effective component
- It is the most common filler for normal skin types with shallow cosmetic defects (wrinkles, folds). This drug provides a lasting effect for a period of 6 to 12 months so the price of restylane is not for everybody.
- Perline is a highly viscous product designed to eliminate deep defects and to shape facial contours. This drug stays on the surface for about 12 months.
- Restylane Vital is a family of products of various viscosities, created for skin renewal and complex elimination of age defects. It can be used at a young age and to eliminate superficial wrinkles in people with thin skin. This modification of the product is destroyed by enzyme systems in 6-8 months, after this period a correction is required.
The main benefits of Restylane and Perline injections are
- the procedure is completed on an outpatient basis without surgery;
- safe and versatile drugs;
- the procedure is taken out on the day of treatment since the drugs are not allergenic;
- the result is visible immediately after the procedure;
- 100% digestible;
- the procedure can be repeated an unlimited number of times, so you can buy facial fillers online very easy.