Hair coloring is very old practice but it has been revolutionized in recent years and now many people are experimenting with their looks by changing their hair color. Sometimes, unfortunate outcomes ruin your look and you want to get remove hair color as soon as possible. Temporary colors and semi permanent colors can be washed off easily as they have shorter life span but permanent color can be difficult to remove.
- How to color hair
- Hair color mistakes
- Health risks of hair coloring
- Best Hair Color Trends Of 2021 For Women
Here are some ways to remove hair color effectively and in easy steps:
This is a safe and effective treatment to remove hair color as it does not affect your natural shades but removes the semi permanent color to 1 – 2 level. This treatment works more effectively on cool tones but also lightens the darker shades to 1 – 2 tones. Here are the steps to use this treatment:
- Take 1 or 2 tablets of Vitamin C of 1000mg and crush it to the powder form. You can also use 1 – 2 gram powder but tablets work much better than powder.
- Get yourself ready for the treatment as you have to apply the mixture immediately after you made it.
- Mix the vitamin C powder with large amount of shampoo.
- Apply this mixture to your hair immediately and evenly so that every strand gets covered with the mixture.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or with any plastic cover to prevent the shades dripping into your eyes.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
- Apply a deep conditioner to moisturize your hair because this treatment can dry out your hair.
Anti dandruff shampoo
Washing hair with anti-dandruff shampoo is really helpful in lightening the unwanted tones. It removes the pastel shades and green tones on blonde hair. It enhances the lightening process on darker tones.
Hot oil massage
This is an effective treatment in removing hair color without any drying effect. It nourishes the dehydrated follicles of hair. You just need to massage your hair roots and tips with hot oil and wrap it with a clean towel and let it stay for an hour. Rinse your hair with warm water to get it off.
This is an effective treatment against shades as it can wash 75% of dye from the hair. Use a detergent which does not contain bleach or bleaching agents. Wash your hair with one tablespoon detergent mixed in water. Use a deep conditioner just after the wash as the chemicals of detergent can make your hair extremely dry and frizzy.
Bicarbonate is a natural bleaching agent and can be used to lighten or removing the permanent hair color. You need to mix equal amount of baking soda and shampoo to make a paste. Rinse your hair with warm water and apply this paste on it evenly. Rinse it off after few minutes. One session is not enough for effective result, therefore you have to use this treatment few times more in a week to get desired outcome.
It is indeed the most powerful hair color remover but it is also very harmful for hair. We will recommend you to use it as the last option when you have tried every natural method. Bleaching can also worse your result for example if you have dyed your hair dark blue then you can get bright pink hair after bleaching which can be more embarrassing.