Never mess with a woman’s hairs; she does put a lot of hard-work and money in making them look gorgeous and perfect.
To the gentlemen who’re reading this, it might sound odd but, there’s a good news for ladies that very common things from your kitchen could be a better alternative in providing nourishment to your hair. I’d rather say the Home-made remedies which indeed can give you long term effects for better growth of your hair.
You certainly would have been considering breakfast items like, Eggs, yogurt and honey as components of a tasty fulfilling breakfast but, are you familiar that they are the best ingredients for hair treatment?
Apart from these there are other valuable nourishing ingredients which you can find easily at your home.
Here’s what is this blog all about- “Hair treatment at home”
Now let’s hook into your kitchen and discover the valuables that you could certainly use, to provide deep nourishment to your hair.
For All Hair Types – Use Raw Egg
Raw egg is the best source of fat and proteins. It not only moisturizes your hair naturally but also the egg-white containing bacteria-eating enzymes, remove unwanted oils.
- For dry brittle hair, use egg yolks for moisturizing them.
- For normal hair, use an egg for Hair conditioning.
- For Oily hair, only use egg white.
- Always use 1/2 cup of any relevant egg mixture for your hair
- Always apply the mixture to clean, damp hair.
- Leave for 20 minutes, cleanse with cool water and shampoo hair.
Is it Proven ? – Use the entire egg to condition your hair. If you have dry or brittle hair, use egg whites to moisturize your hair. Source – TOI
For Dull Hair – Use Dairy Products
Using lot of chemicals and styling products could steal the moisture and shine from your hair. However, dairy products such as sour cream and plain yogurt could help in nourishing your hair.
- Take 1/2 cup of sour cream or plain yogurt.
- Massage it on damp hair.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Cleanse with warm water and shampoo your hair.
Is it Proven ? – Protein provides strength to the shaft of the hair and reduces chances of hair fall by snapping and splitting. Source TOI
For Itchy Scalp – Use Oils
For dealing with itchy scalp, try the mixture of lemon juice and olive oil. Itchy scalp occurs due to flakes which are bought upon by improper diet, stress, climate and other factors. The acidity in lemon juice helps in getting rid of dry flakes of skin while, olive oil moisturizes the scalp skin.
- Take 2 Tbsp: fresh lemon juice, olive oil and water
- Mix them together.
- Massage upon damp scalp.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Cleanse your hair.
Is it Proven ? – Olive oil is the most effective hair conditioner, especially for hair that’s been over-processed by coloring and blowdrying. Source HuffingtonPost
For Limp or Fine Hair – Use Beer
To add some strength to hair, here’s the new beauty beverage called beer. The fermented drink contains enough of yeast to add strength to your hair.
- Take 1/2 cup flat beer, 1 tsp light oil (sunflower or canola) and a raw egg.
- Mix them together
- Apply the mixture to clean, damp hair,
- Leave it for 15 minutes,
- Cleanse with cool water.
- You can also spray beer onto dry hair.
Is it Proven ? – Put some life back into flat hair with some flat beer. Source Reader’s Digest
For Dry or Sun-Damaged Hair – Use Honey
For hairs which are dehydrated from hard water, sun overexposure, there’s a natural sweetner that could help which is, Honey.
- Take ½ cup honey
- Massage it well onto hair
- Leave it for 20 mins
- Rinse with warm water.
- For sun-damaged hair, mix honey with 1 – 2 Tbsp of avocado or egg yolk.
Is it Proven ? – Honey, on the other hand, has been known for centuries to restore hair’s natural moisture and balance while also serving as a lightener.. Source Wikihow
For Oily or Greasy Hair – Use Cornmeal
Cornmeal or cornstarch is an inexpensive and effective way to remove oil from hairs.
- Take 1 Tbsp cornmeal or cornstarch.
- Sprinkle it upon dry hair and scalp.
- Leave it for 10 mins.
- Now use a paddle hairbrush to remove it.
Is it Proven ? – The cornmeal is a mild exfoliate, peppermint oil stimulates blood flow, and tea tree oil helps to fight dandruff. Source Livestrong
For Frizzy Hair – Use Avocado
not only repairs damaged hair, it also contain the best combination of nutrients for smoothing and weighing down unruly hair.
- Mash half avocado.
- Massage into clean, damp hair.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and shampoo your hair.
Is it Proven ? – Fix your hair with Avocado Source Wikihow
For Residue-Ridden Hair – Use Baking Soda
Baking soda eats up all acidic leftovers present in the hair after lot of chemical usage.
- Take 1 to 2 Tbsp of baking soda.
- Mix with water to form thick paste.
- Massage into damp hair.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water and shampoo hair.
Is it Proven ? – Instead spending money on commercial shampoos with questionable ingredients? Grab a box of baking soda, and make it your new shampoo. Source About.Com
Featured Image Source – GirlCosmo
Latest posts by Piya C (see all)
- Using Feeding Tube, Yes Or No? - December 8, 2018
- 6 tips to fight de-motivation when you are trying to lose weight - December 6, 2018
- List of Famous Indian Celebrities Died in 2017-2018 (UPDATED) - December 5, 2018