Getting that Flawless and Glowing skin for your wedding is a most important task. Every bride-to-be dreams of looking like a princess on her special day. And for that, she has to go through a lot of preparations, be it for her dress or for her beauty regime!
If you are one such bride-to-be, you must be already getting lots of beauty advice on natural beauty products and tips from the gorgeous ladies in your family! Although they may seem confusing and not that effective but they actually do work!!
Old beauty regime tricks and tips are the gems since they are the tried and tested ones. So, never ignore any beauty tips from your grandmas and aunties!
Anyway, we understand how panicked the brides are during the pre-wedding period and how they desperately need help in getting a beautiful and radiant skin. So, here is our exclusive expert bridal beauty guide on getting a flawless and glowing skin within only 30 days. So, Read on and take notes!
- Chill out and Relax
This is the first thing you need to do if you wish to get a nice skin. Most of the brides are too stressed out about their wedding. They remain worried about the ceremony and also about her new life. But these worries and stress have a devastating effect on the skin. You will even see more fine lines on your face and dark circles around your eyes when you are too stressed out. So, try not to think too much and relax.
Here are few ways you can relax:
- Do meditation: Meditation helps in relaxing your mind and body. It will only take about 30 minutes of your day. But if you can do it longer, it’s better. Find a peaceful surrounding; it may be your garden or your room. Make sure you are comfortable; don’t wear heavy clothing and make-up! Close or your eyes and allow your mind to lose every stress. Breathe slowly and focus on your inner self, you will feel refreshed and energized.
- Practice Yoga: Yoga is not only good for you body but it also helps you get rid of stress and worries. Try following the Yoga positions which are meant for relaxing your body and mind.
- Do breathing exercises: Breathing exercises help you relax. Moreover, it doesn’t take much time. People who get too stressed out are recommended to practice breathing exercise every time they panic or get depressed!
- Get enough sleep: Sleeping is the best way to relax your body and give the required rest to your skin. Yes, even your skin needs to rest. If you have a sleeping problem, you should meditate every night before going to sleep. New skin cells generate and old cells die during sleep. So, getting the recommended 8 hours sleep is a must! No beauty treatment works until your body gets enough sleep.
- Go for balanced diet
Brides need to look after what they eat especially at the time before her wedding. A balanced diet is a must if you wish to get a glowing skin. It should contain the right amount of oil, veggies, fruits and water. What most brides do is reduce their food consumption in order to get slimmer. But instead of getting slim, they end up getting unhealthy and this has a negative impact on the body and skin. So, if you are not sure about what is the right food for you to lose weight, you may consult with a dietician who can help you plan a diet.
Here are some of the important food items for getting flawless skin:
- Watermelon: Watermelon has high water content which helps in keeping your skin hydrated. It helps in detoxifying your body. So, try to have watermelon on a regular basis.
- Salmon: It contains omega-3 fatty acids which keep your skin supple and makes your hair and nails strong!
- Turmeric: Turmeric helps in healing sun-damaged skin. Not only consuming but putting turmeric paste on the skin also helps in repairing sun damaged skin cells.
- Brown Rice: If you love eating rice then you should try out brown rice. Brown rice is considered healthier than plain rice. It maintains the sugar level in the body.
- Beetroot: This red veggie is rich in vitamin A, potassium, sodium, calcium and vitamin E. All these nutrients help make your skin healthy and glowing!
Note: You should drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
- Make changes in your beauty regime!
If you have been following the same beauty regime from you college days then it’s time you should change it. Brides need to follow a different beauty regime and that too from two-three months prior to wedding. You may have to change your face wash, ointments, creams and supplements too!
Here is a small guide for a bridal beauty regime:
- Switch to a non-foaming face wash: Washing and cleansing your face twice a day is a must. If you use a normal face wash you should consider switching to a non-foaming face wash which helps in keeping your face hydrated and cleansed.
- Try out a good moisturizer: If you don’t have the habit of moisturizing your skin daily, then you should start doing it. Go for quality moisturizers and apply it twice a day. This will keep your skin hydrated, healthy and supple!
- Look for rich hydrating creams: If you have a dry skin or if your body doesn’t get enough water then you should buy a hydrating cream. Dry and rough skin patch is a complete no-no on a wedding day. So, try purchasing one, if you wish to heal your dry skin quickly.
- Get acne fighting creams: If you have acne problems then you should buy gels which can fight acne breakout. Sebamed Clear Face Gel is an ideal anti-acne gel which cleanses your skin and makes it healthy. This gel helps your skin hydrated in addition to fighting pimples!
Some other important things a bride’s beauty regime should have:
- Vitamin C or Azelaic Acid
- Clean make-up tools
- Good multi-vitamin, Co-Q10
- Quality exfoliator
- Try out Homemade face packs
Homemade face packs are the best beauty treatment for the bride-to-be. These natural face packs are easy to make and are also quite effective. And the best part, you don’t have to worry about any kind of side-effect. With simple kitchen ingredients, you can easily deal with any skin issue!
Here are some of the recipes you may try out:
- For Acne: Make a mixture of besan, neem powder, and tea tree oil. Whisk them properly and apply it on the face and let it dry. After 20 minutes, remove it gently with water. Use this pack on your face twice a week to make your skin healthy and pimple free!
- For dull and pigmented skin: You may use buttermilk and/or mango face mask. Buttermilk contains lactic acid whereas Mango contains Vitamin A. Both of these help in exfoliating the skin naturally. They remove the layer of dead cells on the face and help in the growth of new cells. Apply this mask weekly and you will be able to get a healthy skin soon.
- For dry skin: Prepare an avocado pulp and sesame oil mix. This mask contains essential minerals, oils and fatty acid which hydrate the skin. Apply it on your face and let it rest for about 30 minutes. Wash it off when done!
- For skin boost: Prepare besan, sandalwood powder, ground orange peel, lemon, and yogurt mixture. Apply it all over the body and let it dry. Slowly remove the paste in a circular in a way to scrap off the dead cells. This paste helps in making your skin smooth and soft. You will see the difference on your skin on its first use!
- Protect skin with a nice sunscreen
Sun can ruin all your beauty treatment in one trip outdoor. So, you need to protect yourself from sun rays especially during summers. Always go out after putting on a sunscreen. Go for a quality sunscreen which at least has SPF 30. Apply it properly on your skin. Don’t miss the areas near your eyes, ears, and lips. If required put on two layers of sunscreen. Apply it 20-30 minute before going outdoors. This allows the cream to sip into the skin. Re-apply after every 4 hours!!
Note: Look for sunblocks with both UVB and UVA protection, giving you at least SPF30 with PA .