Most of the people who have refractive errors chose to use contact lenses over Glasses but contact lenses aren’t suitable to everyone. Many people face problem after using contact lenses for years. Contact lenses may cause irritation and itchiness even after years of use. For such people, wearing contacts becomes more of a trouble than any help. Doctors call this problem ‘Contact lens intolerance’. Although there are several treatments for reducing the ‘Contact lens intolerance’ but they are only for a shorter time period.
Note: when people who face problem in adjusting with the contacts but keep wearing them forcefully, it leads to bigger eye problems such as eye-allergy!
What are the symptoms of Contact lens intolerance?
If you daily wear contact lenses then you should know that you cannot wear your contact lenses for lifetime. After few years of use, your eyes may become intolerant to the contact lenses. Dry eyes, itchiness, irritation, rationing contact lens wearing time, headache etc. are some of the common symptoms found in Lens intolerant people. However, at such times, they can opt for other options of getting back their vision!
So what these people can do to get back their perfect vision?
The ‘Contact lens intolerant’ people have only two options:
- Wear the prescribed power eye glasses
- Opt for a LASIK eye surgery
If you are comfortable with your eye glasses then you won’t have any problem but LASIK is a permanent solution to your imperfect vision. LASIK will give you normal vision minus the eyeglasses.
Why should you choose LASIK over regular eye glasses and contacts?
LASIK is one of the most effective and safe eye surgeries in the world. With the advancement in the technologies used in this surgery, it has become easier for the surgeon and also for the patient.
Some of the advantages LASIK has over regular eye-wears and contacts are:
- The surgery is completely painless and will help you get rid of your eye wears and lenses.
- It takes only 10-30 minutes.
- Within 6-8 hours of the surgery, you will start getting better vision.
- If you are in military, navy, air-force or any other job which requires 20/20 vision, then LASIK is the best option for you.
- It is also believed that getting rid of eye-glasses and contacts boosts ones confidence level and helps him or her in socializing.
What changes will you face after you get LASIK?
- You won’t need to spend time on putting your contact lenses every morning.
- You won’t need to clean your eye glasses and contacts.
- You won’t have to worry about losing your contacts or eye-glasses.
- The pain in your eyes due to contacts and pain in your nose due to eye-glasses won’t be there.
- You will lead a chilled and relaxed life
- You won’t be called names due to your glasses
- You won’t have to worry about blurry vision during rain which happens when you wear eye-glasses.
If you feel you are Contact lens intolerant then you should immediately contact an eye doctor who will help you know about the options you have to get back your visions. Although, your doctor will firstly go for the treatments of ‘Contact lens intolerance’ but you should also keep in mind that these treatments are effective temporarily. Therefore, it’s suggested to go for a permanent solution to this problem i.e. LASIK eye surgery. Once you get LASIK, you will be relieved from wearing lenses and glasses and enjoy a perfect 20/20 vision!
This post was last modified on September 11, 2016 8:48 pm