Better Health Tips for Actors and You (Professional)
Being an actor isn’t such an easy task. It can take a toll on your well-being because an actor has to portray different kind of roles. Some roles are physically demanding which causes a physical stress on the health and some causes mental exhaustion. Some roles can be emotionally demanding leaving you extremely tired and stressed. In total, an actor has to suffer a lot for giving his/her best to his career. However, without sacrifice there is no success, remember the quote “no pain, no gain”!!
Established actors are takes few projects and they have a team of professionals to take care their health and fitness but the conditions are slightly different with struggling actors. The beginners say yes for many new projects for the sake of paying his/her bills and earn livelihood. But they sometimes forget the fact that, if you don’t take care of your health then it can adversely affect your body as well as your career. Therefore, taking a good care of your health and well-being in the acting field is very important.
Here are some tips to maintain your health and remain stress free throughout the tight acting schedule – better health tips:
1. STICK TO SUPER FOODS!
Acting field is very time demanding field and you have to always expect the unexpected and be prepared for the challenges and for that you need energy which comes from your food. Therefore you have to be very careful about your diet and super foods are best option to give you instant energy.
Here are some of super foods, you should include in your diet:
- Oranges: Oranges are rich in Vitamin C and refreshing in nature. A single orange can supply more than 100% of the vitamin C you need in a day.
- Apples: These are extremely rich in important antioxidants, flavanoids, and dietary fiber. Have an apple to curb your hunger pangs during your tight acting schedule.
- Blue berries: yes, these yummy berries can improve your memory and helps in better communication between brain cells. It means you can memorize your dialogues easily!!
- Greek yogurt: This will be your protein provider. It contains twice the protein than your regular yogurt, so Greek yoghurt is a necessity in your diet if you work out regularly.
- Edamame: A cup of this has a whopping 22 grams of plant protein. It also contains lots of fiber and cholesterol-lowering phytosterols. Include in your diet to increase your protein intake.
- Brown rice: This will be your top source of magnesium and also a wholesome food which can team up with your healthy diet very well.
- Eggs: Start your day with a light breakfast including boiled eggs or omelet to keep yourself light and healthy.
2. REST YOUR BODY AND MIND
Resting your body is very necessary and our better health tips list can’t be completed without it, as it gives a chance to revive your body and reduce stress. Research has prove that recommended amount of 8 hours sleep can reduce your stress hormone level and increase the feel good hormones in the body and your body feels rejuvenated.
If you feel difficulty in sleeping at bedtime then you can go on night walk or read a book. Try to avoid any kind of electronic devices with screen like computers, laptop, tablet, television etc. because light emitting from these devices can interfere with your sleep inducing hormones.
Take a break
A fit body, charming face and great acting skills are the best features of an actor and if you will tired yourself with lots of workload then your body will wear out soon and you can also have early aging symptoms like wrinkles.
Therefore, You need a ‘shut down time’ just like your devices to revive your body and mind. It is absolutely fine to take a break from life; you know, grab your favorite snacks, switch your favorite program on the TV and be a couch potato for a day (not forever)!!
An actor is the main gist of a movie, so if you get sick in any form-then it will reflect in your performance and you don’t want to do retakes for an hour right??. Besides that your colleagues will also suffer because of your poor performance, Isn’t it?? So you must take a good care of your health in order to give your best to the movies of your life!
3. DO WARM-UPS
A majority of injuries that occur on stage are self-induced. Actors often don’t care about warm ups which results in painful injurious which is dangerous for an actor’s career. So just take a break of about 20 minutes and stretch your muscles.
And yeah, do not forget about your voice. You need to exercise those throat muscles as well. You can use your smart phone to help you warm-up. Yep, smart phone! You don’t need to use piano or any other musical instrument. VocalEase is a great app which helps you warm-up before every performance and it is only $1.99.
Your body will thank you by keeping you healthy.
4. HYDRATE YOUR BODY
Your body is practically 75% water.Water is something you cannot neglect. You need to drink a good amount (at least 3 liters) of water every day. Therefore, always keep a bottle of water with you no matter where you are going. Drink water even if you don’t feel thirsty but not all the time!
You can also have different kind of fruit juices. Challenge yourself to drink equal to your weight — in ounces — of water. Believe me; it isn’t that easy!
Or if you need a visual reminder to know if your body actually needs water or not then, just check the color of your urine. If your body is hydrated, your urine’s color will be clear like water and not yellowish. If it turns yellowish, you should drink a lot of water in order to re-hydrate your body.
Meditation is important functionality in list of better health tips which helps you reduce the huge amount of stress you get daily. Don’t know how to meditate or find it too difficult? Well, it’s very simple.Find a quiet relaxing place and sit with your eyes closed for five to ten minutes every day. You will be amazed by the positive effect of this practice on your body and mind. Once you will feel good with it, you will like to do it more. After a while, it will turn into your daily routine.
“Stay clean, train hard, get rid of crappy stuffs from your life and mind, be positive, don’t lose faith in yourself and you will definitely achieve heights of success”.
Latest posts by Piya C (see all)
- Using Feeding Tube, Yes Or No? - December 8, 2018
- 6 tips to fight de-motivation when you are trying to lose weight - December 6, 2018
- List of Famous Indian Celebrities Died in 2017-2018 (UPDATED) - December 5, 2018