Are you looking for a career in Healthcare Management after the 12th? Well! a BBA in Healthcare Management can be the right option in that case. The Healthcare industry in India is expected to reach $372 billion by 2022. The diagnostics industry in India is currently valued at $4 billion.
The Indian Government has set up 70,000 Ayushman Bharat Centres. All these are healthy signs for a BBA Healthcare Management student. Here, we will share information about BBA Healthcare Management which can kick-start the career.
BBA in Healthcare Management
BBA in Healthcare Management is a three-year Bachelors’s program accessible for applicants who want to make a career in the medical industry. The program trains students on the various business practices in healthcare management. The program gives insight to students into medical care guidelines, laws, and innovation. Students who hold critical thinking, basic and logical abilities can select this program.
The syllabus of BBA in Healthcare Management is deeply ingrained with numerous topics related to medical and healthcare science. Some of the important topics of the BBA Healthcare Syllabus are – Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Marketing Management, Human Resource Management, Consumer Behaviour, Clinical Services, and Healthcare Information Systems.
BBA in Healthcare Management Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who desire to get admission in BBA in Healthcare Management should fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the universities. The eligibility criteria will consist of all of the educational and age requirements required for admission. The eligibility criteria will be different for various colleges. However, the general eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
- Candidates need to have cleared the 12th exam with at least 60% marks.
- Besides this, one has to sit for various entrance programs which are conducted by the universities. Scoring well in those entrance tests is also equally important.
- Students will have to take part in the GD / PI round for final selection.
BBA in Healthcare Management Selection Process
Selection to all of the BBA in healthcare management colleges are conducted through candidate’s marks, entrance test performance, and GD / PI scores. Candidates must carry all important documents ready for admission. Also, aspirants must also check the eligibility requirements before applying.
BBA in Healthcare Management Syllabus
Every university has its very own syllabus for BBA in Healthcare Management. A rough idea of the BBA Healthcare Management Syllabus is mentioned below.
- Accounting For Managers
- Business Communication Skill – 1
- Business Statistic
- Computer and Information Systems Lab
- Fundamental of Management
- Introduction to Healthcare management
- Marketing Management
- Micro Economics
- Organizational Behavior
- Advanced Excel
- Business Communication Skills – ll
- Business Environment
- Financial Management
- Financing and Business Development Of Healthcare
- Human Resources Management
- Macro Economics
- Marketing Management
- Professional Development Program
- Business Law
- Clinical Service
- Consumer Behavior
- CSR & Business Ethics
- Environmental Studies
- Foreign Language
- Health System and Management
- Industry Project
- Management Information Systems
- Planning and Design of Hospital
- Health Care & Human Resource Management
- Healthcare Information Systems, and etc.
Top Colleges for Healthcare Management in India
- The Institute of Health Management Research – IIHMR, Jaipur
- All India Institute of Medical Research – AIIMS, Delhi
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, TISS, Mumbai
- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University
- Apollo Institute of Hospital Administration, Hyderabad
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- ASCI Hinduja Institute of Healthcare Management, Hyderabad
- KEM Healthcare Management Institute, Pune
- Institute of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Management and Research – IPHMR, Calcutta
- School of Management Studies, University of Hyderabad
- Goa Institute of Management
- Manipal University
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences
- Institute of Health Management Research Bangalore
- School of Health Sciences, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- National Institute of Health and Family Welfare Delhi
- IMS, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya University, Indore
- DMS, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
BBA in Healthcare Management Career Options and Job Prospects
The curriculum of the BBA in Healthcare Management consists of an education period. Many college students typically get employed with the aid of using the employer wherein they pursue their internships.
The applicants also can pursue full-time jobs in the healthcare industry. Their starting salary will depend on their abilities and knowledge. Some of the groups call for 5 to 6 months of work experience. Following are the job roles that one can pursue after graduating are:
- Healthcare Manager
- Hospital Administrator
- Health Service Manager
- Hospitality Executive
- Health Care Analyst
- Pharmaceutical Assignment Manager
- Healthcare Finance Manager
The applicants also can practice in any of the subsequent areas
- Insurance firms
- Healthcare consultancy firms
- Pharmaceutical groups
- Government fitness departments
- Research Industry
“If doctors are God, then health workers are the best friends of God!!” So, in case students are looking for a career in which they can work on improving the company’s medical infrastructure, a BBA in Healthcare Management is the best choice! The average monthly package is between 3 – 15 LPA INR. Thus, BBA in Healthcare Management is a decent option for students after their 12th.