Dreaming of perfect abs over 40 : WE GOT IT

If you are over 40 and one night suddenly you dream of having those perfect abs, then don’t worry. You still have to. We have the time in our hands to build up and exercise for those muscular abs.

How we will or rather Joe Manganiello will tell you the way to build abs over 40:

perfect abs over 40

He names the abs plan as an 80-20 plan. It is a long term plan to fitness whereby the end of the plan you have a beach-ready body. And if you lose the body at any point in time, then you know how to get it back. This is a six-week plan and then you will be flaunting your abs through the open buttons of your shirt.

The key to 80-20 is that continue doing 80% of your diet and workout and the rest 20% is the cheat one. So, you know you can cheat only 20% of your diet and workout. This will you will stay motivated and on track too.

He also further adds that it is easier to maintain this shape than to get into this shape. Maintenance part is easier and less cumbersome.

Abs over 40 Exercise

Here are some of the tricks which will help you immensely in getting these dream abs –

1. Don’t skip the leg workout

This is very important. Leg workouts will help you in getting those abs. so, never skip them. This further adds to your metabolism and leg factor. Also, Joe trains his legs twice a week and he does heavy deadlifting once a week.

2. Curveballs deserve your attention

Abs over 40 Exercise two
Dreaming of perfect abs over 40 : WE GOT IT

You must train for a minimum of 5-6 days a week. Then only you will get proper results. And even if you want to withdraw yourself then 5-6 days is still fine.

3. Shred Phase

Here you need to adjust your diet and workout both. This will help to get properly shredded. Also, get your training and diet advice from a proper expert.

Recommended Read: 

4. Eat Precisely

Abs over 40 diet

Here you need to calculate your basal metabolism rate. This will help you to figure out what and how much exactly you want to eat. Use this formula to calculate your BMR – (Height in centimeters * 6.25) + (Weight in Kg * 9.99) – (Age * 4.92) + 5. Whatever is the result, you need to eat 500 lesser calories than that.

5. Undereating strict no

You might think that undereating will help you but no it will not contribute in building up the muscles and thus don’t ever undereat. This way you are delaying your overall body process.

6. Fasted Cardio

Dreaming of perfect abs over 40 : WE GOT IT
Dreaming of perfect abs over 40 : WE GOT IT

Begin by doing 45-minute jogging or cycling on an empty stomach. This will accelerate your heartbeat to 110-130 per minute zone. This will enable you to firstly burn your liver glycogen and then eventually your fats.

7. Intense Workout

Don’t give yourself a break. Dumbbell biceps curls, then close-grip pushups, next dumbbell hammer curls, and finally dumbbell skull crushers. You need to do at this 10 repetitions of this without any break. Continue this for four rounds.

Abs over 40 Workout


Leave your vote

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Dreaming of perfect abs over 40 : WE GOT IT 2
Pallavi Bose
Pallavi Bose was born in California and brought up in New York. She was a bright kid and very enthusiastic to know about the human body behavioral patterns. She pursued Bachelors in Human Biology and then continued to go in depth in this field. She wanted to know everything about the human body and all the processes taking place in it. She started her research in order to know more about it. She completed her Ph.D. in Human Biology, and her research was based on genetics and evolution, and she started working as a researcher in the same company.
Dreaming of perfect abs over 40 : WE GOT IT 3
Piya C is internet savvy health and lifestyle blogger. She covers beauty, relationship, diet and many more topics. #blogger #author Want to connect with me? Follow me. I reply my every DM & tweet.

Must Read

4 Top Diet Tips During Menopause

While going through menopause, your body is subject to wild fluctuations in hormone levels, resulting in symptoms such as hot flashes, night...

The Best Fitness Supplements to Support Natural Recovery

Whether your health and fitness goals are based around losing weight, gaining strength or just staying active, recovery is vital. Giving your...

The 3 Week Diet & Its Advantages Over Other Diets

In this generation where every single one of us is exposed to social media platforms, it’s quite impossible not to compare ourselves with the...

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy