Our teeth need a lot of care and taking care of our oral health is more important than we might think. Usually, parents often take their kids to the same dentist they go to for their regular check-ups. Adult dental care and child dental care are two different things. Adult teeth are much different than children’s teeth, and that’s why children need specialized care and attention, source.
When your child is sick, you take her to a pediatrician, not to your physician; likewise, when it comes to the dental care you should take your child to a dentist where she can get special oral health care, and for this, you must search for a qualified pediatric dentist. To some of you this may be new, so let’s dig further into some information about pediatric dentists and dentistry.
What is Pediatric Dentistry?
Pediatric dentistry is the branch of dentistry working comprehensively in the areas of therapeutic and preventive oral health care for children from their birth through the age of adolescence, and for the children who need special care and attention.
Pediatric dentistry encompasses conditions ranging from orofacial problems or who
Pediatric dentists are
What do Pediatric Dentists do?
- Provide a complete array of oral health care to all children
- Provide specialised supervision of children with dental and oral developmental changes.
- Understand and easily manage damage to teeth and the mouth due to traumatic injury.
- Understand the multidisciplinary care of children with complex dental issues, such as: cleft lip and palate, hypodontia, and other medical conditions, which can further harm the oral health.
Why Do You Need to Take Your Child to a Pediatric Dentist?
Children need special care for their teeth. When they are 5 to 6 months old, they start to get their baby teeth and these teeth need special care and attention. Children do not require extreme practices or extreme methods for their dental care; they need soft and gentle handling — and only a pediatric dentist can provide that.
At times, you may feel that teeth are teeth, and that any dentist can treat your child. However, a specialized pediatric dentist can be an asset for your children because:
● They can pinpoint the exact problem.
● They have all the necessary education, knowledge, license and expertise in pediatric dentistry.
● They have had a complete exposure to this kind of work environment during their additional studies, so they know how to treat a child better.
● They can guide parents thoroughly about the precautions and different methods of treatment related to children’s teeth.
● They can find a good vibe with children.
Now, we know that pediatric dentists are devoted to the oral health care of children from infancy through puberty. They have precise skill, practice, experience, knowledge and qualifications on how to take care of a child’s teeth, gums, and mouth throughout the numerous stages of childhood. A qualified pediatric dentist can help solve all your child’s dental issues.