Weight loss by dieting, fasting or taking supplements can weaken your body while a proper workout can make you fit and strong besides making you lose weight. The compound exercises which involve more than one muscle group or work on more than one joint gives you a positive result in weight loss and also strengthen your body. Try to do these exercises twice or thrice a week and gives your body proper rest for a day.
Here is the list of some compound workout routine which you can try to lose more weight without damaging your body:
Squat to overhead press
This workout focused on your quadriceps, hamstrings, butt, ABS and shoulders. The steps for this exercise are:
- Stand at shoulder width distance.
- Hold 5 pound weight in each hand and bend your elbow so that the weights come near to your shoulders.
- Lower down into a squat position by bending your knees.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Stand up and back straight.
- Raise your hands besides your body and stretch them in the air above your head.
- Hold this position for a while and then return to the original position.
- Repeat the steps for 15 times.
Single leg dumbbell row
This exercise targets your back, shoulders, biceps, ABS, quadriceps, hamstrings and butt. The steps are:
- Put a chair in front of you so that its back is facing you.
- Hold a 5 pound weight in your left hand.
- Lower down your upper body and make it parallel to the ground. Put your right hand on the back of the chair to balance yourself.
- Stretch your left hand towards the surface.
- Lift and stretch your left leg parallel to the ground. Your body should make a letter ‘T’.
- Pull your left stretched hand upward by bending your elbow so that the weight comes closer to your chest area.
- Stretch the left hand back in the original position.
- Repeat this hand movement for 15 times and then switch the side. Do it for right hand for 15 times to complete one round.
Step up with bicep curl
This exercise targets quadriceps, hamstrings, biceps, ABS and butt. The steps are:
- Hold a 5 pound weight in your each hand and stand on an elevated surface like an exercise bench, step or a chair.
- Bend your right knee so that the right thigh is parallel to the ground. Simultaneously bend your elbows so that the weights come closer to the shoulders.
- Get back into starting position and repeat the steps for 15 times.
- Switch the sides and do it for 15 times.
This exercise targets the back, ABS and shoulders. The steps are:
- Lie on your stomach with toes tucked inside.
- Bend your elbows and palm touching the floor. Raise your body a few inches above the ground and balance yourself on forearms and toes to get into a low plank position.
- Raise your hips into the air while keeping the back straight and legs stretched.
- Your body should make an inverted V.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and return to your original position.
- Repeat the steps for 15 times.
This workout targets the hips, butt, quadriceps, hamstrings and ABS. The steps are:
- Stand straight at a shoulder width distance.
- Place your hands on your hips.
- Bring your right leg in front of your left leg by twisting your body a little.
- Stretch your left leg behind your back.
- Stretch your left hand in front of you, palm facing the floor.
- Lower down your torso a little and your head should face forward. So that the right leg is bent a little at the knee while keeping the left leg stretched.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and then get back to the original position.
- Do 15 repetitions and then switch the side.
Latest posts by Piya C (see all)
- 4th generation Dr. Mom led Pocket Otoscope Review - December 8, 2017
- List of Famous Indian Celebrities Died in 2017 - December 8, 2017
- How to Build a Healthy Enhanced Sex Life with Your Partner - December 8, 2017