Healthy Work Habits – So, you have got a nice job and you could not be any happier. The pay is what you expected and everything seems to have fallen at the right place at the right time. But, along with your job comes a lot of job responsibilities and to fulfill all those with perfection you need to stay healthy. Have you ever considered any ways to remain healthy at your workplace? Seems funny, isn’t it when you have so much work to do and you are always short of time and you are told to think of the ways to keep yourself healthy at the workplace. Well, think again because there are ways through which you can develop healthy work habits. Can’t think of anything yet?
Here are the top healthy work habits that you can follow daily to keep yourself fit and free from diseases:
- Take the steps not the elevator – Suppose you have your office on the 9th floor of the building and your boss is on the 14th After every hour you have to give an update to him and you generally take the elevator. Do not do that. Instead, take the stairs every time you go to your boss and you will see a stark difference in your health. If you are looking to lose weight, then there would not be a better way to work out in your office than this.
- A strict no-no to sweet tooth – So, your colleague brings fresh donuts every day and you cannot help, but grab a bite. Do you know how much calories you are taking in the process? Try to say ‘no’ in a polite manner or you can bring fruits or mixed nuts which you can share with your colleagues instead of eating the donuts. Excluding sugar from your diet will keep you healthy and will also save you from getting obese.
- Stand and stretch – Sitting for a long time will degenerate your muscles which is not the ideal scenario. Moreover, it can lead to heart disease, diabetes, spinal injuries and leg disorders. So, it would be better to stand and stretch after a few minutes. You need not stretch like you do in the gym, but you can always stand a walk around your desk before resuming work.
- Drink water not coffee – It is quite natural to sip a cup of tea or coffee while you are working to reduce the work stress, but if you really want to remain healthy, then drinking water instead of these beverages would be the best option. A minimum of eight glasses of water would be just perfect when you are in your office. You will never be dehydrated as long as you are drinking sufficient amount of water.
- Lunch from home is always healthy – Having lunch with fellow colleagues is the most enjoyable part of the day at work, but it would be so much better if you take food made from home. Burgers can definitely be a tastier option, but not a healthy one if you are buying from the street vendor. Your wife or mom will be more than happy to pack a delicious lunch which you can share with your colleagues too.
Healthy work habits are something that you need to develop on your own. These aren’t super tough that you need to learn them from somewhere. All you got to do is to follow daily what is given above and you will be leading a much healthier life both in your professional and personal end. Go to The Standable for more details.
Latest posts by Piya C (see all)
- Confession of an Indian Call Girl - June 20, 2017
- Dr. Lane Sebring’s Alternative Approach To Medicine - June 19, 2017
- Cardio Workouts – Are they Really all that? - June 16, 2017