Popular Brands of Yoga Mats
Yoga is a practice or exercise, which is related to spiritual, mental and physical balance. By doing yoga, one can not only keep his/her body fit and healthy, but can also attain great peace of mind. The literal meaning of yoga leads to the union of individual consciousness (soul) with the universal consciousness (spirit). There are different types of yoga that can be performed in different ways and body postures, which is popularly termed as “Yoga Aasans”. To perform yoga, yoga mats are required that let you feel comfortable and allow you to concentrate more effectively. Different types of yoga mats are made and designed by companies, running all over the world, that you can buy and use as per your requirement.
Here, we are stating some of the popular brands of USA, which manufacture best-quality yoga mats.
- Manduka Unisex PROlite Yoga Mat
This a high-performance yoga mat, which can be used by both male and female. It is quite light in weight, thus gives comfort feel while performing yoga.
- It is a highly sustainable yoga mat with zero-waste.
- It offers top-class wear and longevity, and deliver top-notch performance.
- The mat is slip-resistant and non-sticky in nature, even when it is wet due to perspiration.
- You can carry this yoga mat anywhere for use, as it is travel-friendly.
- Sometimes it is slippery, when it is wet.
- It is quite expensive than other mats.
- Aurorae Premium Classic Yoga, Fitness, Exercise, Pilates Mats
This yoga mat is multi-purpose in nature, as you can use this mat no only for yoga, but also for fitness exercise and as pilates mats. These is very much comfortable upon sitting and comes in various illuminating colors.
- Eco-friendly in nature, easily biodegradable, and is free from silicon, latex and phthalates.
- It comes with non-slip rosin.
- It is highly durable and offers long lasting usage. Also, it is quite easy to wash and care.
- Its appropriate thickness protects your joints and allows you to get safe grip on floor.
- It does not comes with holding strap.
- Jade Harmony Professional 3/16-Inch Yoga Mat
This premium-quality yoga mat offers perfect balance of traction and cushion. It is a 3/16-inch yoga mat, made up of high-quality open-cell, natural rubber, which has terrific slip-resistance, even with perspiration on the mat. So, you can focus on your practice, without worrying about slipping.
- It provides extraordinary resilience and unmatched cushioning for longer comfort in any pose.
- It is Eco-friendly in nature, as it is not made from PVC or ozone-depleting substances.
- You can easily wash this mat, using water and soap.
- Comes in various color options for your best selection.
- It does not lasts for long.
- It is bit expensive for people.
- Manduka Mat PRO Yoga and Pilates Mat
This is yet another fabulous offering from Manduka brand. It is quite thick and offers matchless cushioning and comfort. It is great to be used by anyone.
- It provides great cushioning for knees, spine, hips and elbows on hard floors.
- It is simple yet elegant in design, and provides superb stability on hard or soft surface.
- Made-up from non-sticky and slip resistant fabric.
- The mat is completely free from latex and is biodegradable.
- It is pretty much expensive.
- prAna Revolution Natural Sticky Mat, Seaweed
This yoga mat is biodegradable in nature and offers good comfort, while performing exercise. It is innovative in its construction and is highly nature-friendly.
- It is made up from 100% rubber, and has three layers of biodegradable rubber, which provides outstanding grip while performing yoga in any pose.
- It offers firm cushioning for enhanced stability.
- It comes with heat lamination, which provides added durability to the mat.
- The mat has dual-scrim construction, which provides unbelievable stable and unshakable practice surface.
- It comes in one size and is pretty much expensive, when compared with other mats.
- Hugger Mugger Para Rubber Mat, River
If you want to stay relaxed while performing yoga, this mat is perfect to use. This rubber yoga mat offers highly stability and is sturdy to use for longer duration of time.
- The mat has slip-resistant surfaces on both sides.
- It has ¼-inch of thickness for super-fine cushioning.
- It is made from natural, renewable and highly sustainable rubber.
- The stinky smell of mat takes some time to wear-off.
- It is bit heavier than other yoga mats.
- Kharma Khare Hybrid Bliss Non Slip Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat
This is a super-quality yoga mat, which is environment friendly in its construction and lets you perform yoga in complete peace.
- It is highly versatile in nature.
- This 5mm of hybrid mat has 4mm of 100% re-purposed, recycled car tires and 1mm of natural rubber.
- Eco-friendly in nature, as it is made-up from non-toxic materials. It is free from PVC, Phthalate, Polyurethane and other toxic materials
- Gives superb cushioning, support and stability with non-slip grip.
- Comes in various colors, like purple, black, blue and more.
- The mat has strong chemical smell, which takes time to wipe out.
- prAna E.C.O. Yoga Mat
This yoga mat is excellent to use and keeps rooted in your pose for long-time, without any disturbance. Also, it is extremely reasonable in price.
- It has two-sided textured surface, which offers anti-slip properties for firm grip.
- It comes with 100% thermal plastic elastomer.
- It is made from environment friendly and non-toxic substances for high sustainability.
- It offers superb cushioning.
- It is slippery at times.
- Gaiam Print Premium Yoga Mats
This is a stylishly designed yoga mat with beautiful prints. This mat can be used at homes or in yoga studios with equal comfort.
- Lightweight and durable in design and has added thickness for extra cushioning.
- It has textured, non-slip surface for first-class traction.
- It is free from phthalates DEHP, DBP, BBP, DINP, DIDP and DNOP.
- It is heavier than other mats.
- It is bit slippery at times.
- Yoga Accessories 1/4″ Extra Thick Deluxe Yoga Mat
This extra thick yoga mat is one of the best mats to perform yoga. It can be used in yoga studios, schools, fitness clubs, and at home.
- It is free from phthalates, latex and other heavy metals.
- It is highly durable and comes with extra thickness.
- It has non-slip properties for stability and firmness.
- As it comes with added thickness, therefore, is not travel-friendly.
Latest posts by Samar Pahwa (see all)
- 5 Must Have Hair Styling Tools of 2016 - October 5, 2016
- Lasik Surgery Tips for Care Free Life - October 4, 2016
- Skin Care Mistakes a Bride To Be Should Avoid Before The D-Day - October 4, 2016