Wine is an alcoholic drink made from grapes or a variety of other fruits. The chemical concoction of grapes allows them to ferment with no addition of acids, sugars, or water. Yeast eats up the sugars in the grapes and turns them into CO2 and alcohol. Different varieties of grapes combined with varying variety of yeasts yield different types of wine. There are 2 types of wines:
- White wine
- Red wine
Red wine is a type of an alcoholic drink which is made from dark or black coloured varieties of grapes. Red wine offers up to 85 calories per 100 grams. The colour of the wine ranges from
- Dark violet colour for young wine
- Brick red colour for a mature wine and
- Brown colour for older red wines.
The role of wine in weight loss has been a debatable topic. Several studies and research has been conducted. It has been found that there is a direct effect on the metabolic rate of an individual. The increased metabolic rate helps to get rid of the extra calories in the form of utilisation of the stored fat. What more one expects that the calories are being burnt rather than being stored and adding to the waistline. An interesting fact that came up during one of the research states that people who drink red wine tend to consume less sugar. Their sugar intake decreases considerably. It has been proved that people who drink two glasses of red wine daily have a less tendency to put on weight in comparison to the people who drink mineral water or soft drinks.
The red wine has a lot of benefits to offer to an individual
- Always wished for those sparkling white teeth, red wine is the key for your beautiful and shining smile. It helps to prevent the decay in tooth.
- For all those people who have sleepless nights. Red wine has a lot more to offer. With its constituents such as melatonin will you can have a peaceful and sound sleep. Get up fresh in the morning next day.
- A rich source of antioxidants which helps the body to prevent the rising cholesterol levels of the body. They increase the HDL (High Density Lipoproteins) level of the body. HDL is considered as the good cholesterol. They also help in keeping a check on the blood pressure of the individual.
With the whole range of benefits to be offered in a single glass of red wine you can definitely enjoy your glass of red wine without any guilt or tension.
Latest posts by sumit chopra (see all)
- How to Get in the Best Shape of Your Life With a Smartwatch - October 13, 2016
- How To Maintain Healthy Eyes - October 13, 2016
- How To Lose Weight Faster - October 4, 2016