Eating as much as you want and losing weight – sounds paradoxical, right? However, nutrition experts are unanimous on this issue: in fact, in order to lose weight, you should eat. Well, yes, there is one rule – the daily menu should consist of certain food products, but you should also comply with certain simple tips.
Let’s dispel some most popular myths about diet and figure out what and how to eat to enjoy slimmer and healthier bodies.
Myth 1: The main source of your extra body weight – fats and carbohydrates
This is not entirely correct. A source of your overweight is not carbohydrates and fats per se, but in fact, how much (or how too much) you have them in your body. If you eat a lot of sugary and fried foods, weight grows, and you know it. However, the daily calorie intake requires and carbohydrates, and fats and if you say goodbye to these two vital elements, you are harming your body more than helping it. Without them, your body can start lacking various essential items! The main thing to remember about this is to control carbohydrates and fats in your daily diet and not refuse to eat them in general.
Myth 2: You need to eat until you no longer feel hungry
It is not true. It has been long demonstrated that our fullness signal reaches the brain 20 minutes after the end of a meal. It is, therefore, necessary to stop eating before you feel stuffed, and after 20-30 minutes you will feel completely full.
Myth 3: In order to lose weight, do not eat after 6 p. m.
This statement is not entirely correct! First of all, the dinner should be “easy”, but most people leave the most delicious food in the evening (mostly fat and sweet) to pamper themselves after a hard day’s work.
Secondly, the last meal should be at least 3 hours before sleep. For example, if you go to bed at midnight, then the last time you should eat is at 6 p. m. If you eat a bit earlier than that, your body will have nowhere to draw the energy from for the coming six hours then you sleep (and yes, your body still needs it even then you are resting). So, to sum up, stopping eating after 6 p. m., unfortunately, is more harmful than beneficial. However, if just before your bedtime you start wanting to eat, you can drink a glass of yogurt (but natural!), eat vegetables, or low-fat cooked meat.
Other tips for losing weight:
• Some foods are able to reduce weight as much as various dietary supplements or, worse, drastic diets. For example, pineapple (not canned) burn fat pretty well, while grapefruit slows down the absorption of carbohydrates.
• During the day, you should drink at least 6-8 glasses of water. But take notice, that it should be pure water instead of juice, mineral water, tea, or coffee. Still water fastens metabolism and helps to lose weight.
• Drink water before meals, rather than after or during a meal. Even if you eat that you need to lose weight, still water during meals or after will destroy all your efforts. The fact is that water dilutes the gastric juices, which are designed for digestion. The result – the slowdown in metabolism.
• Eat several times a day in small portions. Then you are planning your daily menu, divide products into 3-5 meals per day. Eat slowly and enjoy the food and don’t overeat. Of course, don’t make yourself suffer hunger between these meals as well, and snack occasionally in-between bigger meals. This way you will feel fuller while eating lunch or dinner and will avoid overeating as well. Also, it is necessary to emphasize that you need to eat healthy snacks (look for them at Boxed online store, and don’t forget to use these coupons as well!) and forget all those salty or sweet snacks that are literally just calorie bombs instead of food with good nutrition value.
Latest posts by sumit chopra (see all)
- Top 5 Simple Recipes That Are Effective for Weight Loss - January 18, 2017
- Top Healthy Work Habits to Follow Daily - January 15, 2017
- Drive Obesity away and Get a Cutting Body within Weeks - January 15, 2017