Human Growth Hormone or HGH is an essential chemical required by our body to grow proportionately and properly. It is produced in the pituitary gland and helps in regulating muscle and bone growth, sugar and fat metabolism, body fluids and body composition. HGH is involved in every biological process directly or indirectly. For example, it affects your energy level, stamina, weight gain and loss, brain activity etc. Although, it is naturally produced in the body but many people also take its synthetic version in hope that it will improve their health by making them more energetic and youthful.
Synthetic HGH has been introduced in the market in 1985 and is used in many drugs and other products as an active ingredient. HGH injections are approved by FDA for specific uses like treating short stature in children caused due to Turner’s Syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, HGH deficiency, chronic kidney disease etc.
In Adults, it is approved for treating HGH deficiency caused due to pituitary tumours, muscle wasting disease and short bowel syndrome but it is not approved for common usage but some people use it along with performance enhancing drugs.
What are the other reasons of its extensive use?
Synthetic HGH is popularly used to control aging because this hormone can reverse the effects of aging process. For example, aging can slow down our metabolism and reduce energy level but HGH can elevate the energy level and endurance in the body and speed up the metabolism. An improved metabolism means that you can work out more to build muscles and burn fat.
There are some other popular reasons for using HGH
- HGH can reduce wrinkles, reduce aging spots, makes it firm and young looking
- It makes your hair strong and help in retaining the original hair color.
- It will make you feel young in terms of energy and stamina
What is HGH therapy?
As we have mentioned above that HGH is used in treatments of HGH deficiency caused by several reasons. In US, it is available by prescription and given in form of injection, see HGH injection market overview here. Other forms of HGH like sprays, tablets or capsules are not very effective. Oral forms are digested by stomach before it could be absorbed by the body therefore it is not an effective method.
Side effects and complications
There are very less complications associated with HGH. The adverse effect of HGH depends on how you use it. If you are using it under the guidance of an expert then it is safe but if you are using like over to counter drugs then it can also cause harm to your body.
The side effects of HGH are that it can increase sugar level, fluid retention, carpel tunnel syndrome, nerve or muscle pain, joint pain, tingling sensation or numbness in skin and promotes cancerous growth. High level of this hormone can cause acromegaly which is highlighted by accelerated growth of feet, hands, jawbone and brows.
Legal Human Growth Hormone
It is not hormone itself but these substances will make your body produce human growth hormone naturally inside your body. In US, it cannot be prescribed as anti aging drug but HGH releasers are legal to use as these substances don’t get involved into the growth process but stimulates the body which is a safe process.
What to look for while purchasing HGH supplement?
Electronic media like T.V. and internet is widely promoting HGH supplements all over the world but many of them are scams therefore you must be very careful before purchasing any such supplement. Spend some time in searching for the effective HGH releaser and the best way to find out good quality product is to visit forums and go through unbiased user’s reviews regarding the product. If any product or releaser is positively reviewed by the large section of users then there are good chances that it will also work for you.
Another important thing to notice before buying the releaser is to check the manufacturer of the product and its reputation in the market. If the manufacturer is in the market for many years, has satisfied customers and is doing good business then there are chances that the product is not a scam.
Natural methods to boost human growth hormone level
If you are not in favour of using synthetic HGH or releaser then you can try these following tips to improve HGH levels in your body
- You must take enough and sound sleep as HGH is released during sleep and its level in the body increases when you have sound sleep so make sure that you sleep for the recommended sleeping time period.
- Regular exercise can stimulate the HGH production in the body. Both aerobic and resistance exercises are found to be every effective in enhancing HGH levels in the body.
- Protein rich diet especially plant and fish protein help in boosting HGH levels in body
- Some amino acids like arginine, glutamine, lysine, and ornithine stimulate the HGH production. 5-9 grams of amino acids can boost resting HGH levels to hundred percent.
- Fasting also promotes HGH levels and it is found that its level increased within 13 hours of fasting.
- CDP choline, a form of choline has been found effective in increasing HGH levels
If you are thinking of getting HGH shots then be sure about all the facts and consequences before going for it. HGH can surely improve your health but if it is taken under expert guidance then it is safer for your health.
Latest posts by Piya C (see all)
- What are the Health Benefits of Owning a Pet? - June 9, 2018
- How to Ensure Your Personal Health and Well-Being Stays a Top Priority WhileAttending Acting School - June 9, 2018
- Living with an Ostomy - June 9, 2018