Sometimes, short height can cause psychological issue like inferiority complex, introvert nature, low confidence etc. Everybody wants to gain an inch or two and there are many reasons for that. A good height is generally associated with nice personality and even woman prefers taller man. Although, growth of height is an active process till you reach 20 but if you follow a healthy diet and specific exercises then you can add few inches to your current height even after 20 years of age.
- Grow taller pills review
- Yoga to increasing height
- Does running everyday Increasing height
- Exercises to Increase height
- How to increase height
- How to grow taller naturally
Here we will discuss some exercises which helps you in gaining height:
Stretching is one of the most recommended exercises for the height gain. It not just help you in becoming taller but it will also flexibility to your body by relaxing the tight muscles and stiff joints. It helps in improving your body posture and overall physical performance. When you become confident enough to hold the pose then you should stretch your body for 50-60 seconds. The repetition will gives you good result in less time. You should include different types of stretching exercises in your stretching regime such as bow-down stretch, cobra stretch, leg stretches, pelvic shift, wall assisted stretches, standing twists, stretching while standing and many more.
Why stretching exercises?
Professionals suggest stretching exercises for growing taller because stretching targets the spine and helps in its lengthening but other resistance workouts like weight training targets other parts of body which helps the body in growing laterally not vertically.
Here we will discuss in detail about some popular and height yielding stretching exercises:
This is one of the most effective and easiest exercise to grow tall and it targets the lower regions of body like hips and lower spine.
How to perform:
- Lie on your back and arms facing downwards
- Bend your knees so your feet comes closer to your buttocks
- Uplift your back and Pelvis
- Hold on in this position for 20 seconds.
- Repeat it for five times. You can increase the repetition and increase the holding time when you get used to it.
This exercise is named after the snake who can expand their neck to form wings. This stretching exercise relaxes the abs, lengthen the chest, shoulder, lungs and abdomen, strengthen back muscles especially spine, alleviate fatigue and stress and stimulates the digestive system. It is very useful for those who spend most of their time on computer in a hunched over position.
How to perform:
- Lie down on your belly on floor and settle your hands under your shoulders with hands and legs in straight position.
- Tense your lower body and press your feet into the surface.
- Breathe in and uplift your upper body with the support of your arms.
- Press the tail bone downwards with the help of semi relaxed buttocks and squeeze the shoulder blades. Puff the side ribs forward without pushing the front part like a cobra and uplift the sternum.
- Hold on this position for 40 seconds to 2minutes and maintain a relaxed breathing.
- Breathe out and fold down towards the surface. Loosen up the tense muscles of shoulders, legs and feet.
Table Stretch exercise
This is a low impact stretching exercises which effectively stretch the muscles on the back of your legs and simultaneously compresses the muscles in lower back. This pose should be performed carefully as wrong stretching can cause injury.
How to perform:
- Sit down on the floor with legs straight and wide opened and place your palms near your butt.
- Move your head in backward direction as far as you can take it easily.
- Keep your hands straight while moving your head and slowly uplift your buttock from the surface and knees at the right angle in such a way that your torso and thigh will lie parallel to the floors.
- Your arms and shins will be perpendicular to the surface which gives your body a shape of a table.
- Hold in this position for 8-20 seconds.
Stretching exercises for legs
Leg stretching helps in making your bones more flexible and elastic which gives flexibility and strength to your body. You can do this stretches for 4-10 seconds and repeat it for 10-20 times for each leg.
The calves are the most used but overlooked muscles of the body and the negligence of tight and shortened calves can cause an injury. It happens frequently in case of wearing heels or running. Calf stretching can relax calf muscles and tone them.
How to perform:
- Stand in front of the wall and place both of your hands on the wall in such a way that is parallel to the ground.
- Move your left leg forward and right leg back while keeping the left feet parallel to the ground
- Bend down your left knee and press through your right heel. If you don’t feel stretch then move a little away from the wall and do it again.
- Hold this position for 20-30 seconds and then switch the legs.
Hanging is the most effective stretching exercise for growing taller since it stretches out the spine and joints. You feel a little taller in the morning because your spine has been extended in the sleeping form while when you work around in daytime, gravity compresses it back. Hanging helps you in maintaining the extended form of the spine so it compresses less throughout the day.
Hanging can be performed in two ways. The easiest way is to use a bar and hang on it. Hang on for 15-20 seconds several times approximately 10-15 times. You can twist your body but try to avoid it in the beginning. The second way to hang is hanging your body upside down by strapping your ankles with some support. This is more effective than the first method but it is very inconvenient.
Monkey Bar or chin up bar Hanging
This follows the former way of hanging and utilizes the gravitational force to make you taller. Normally, gravity compresses the height when you are in standing position but when you hang on some support it pulls your lower body downwards and thus releases the tension in the vertebral column of the spine.
How to perform:
- Fix a bar horizontally on some height.
- Dead hang on the bar and stay in that position for 15-20 seconds so that gravity can work on your body.
- Come down and relax the body.
- Repeat the exercise for 10-15 times.
You can add ankle weights when you get used to the exercise. Addition of ankle weights makes you taller by stretching the ankle cartilage by strengthening it.
Latest posts by Piya C (see all)
- Is it Good to Use Steroids for Weight Loss? Pros and Cons - July 26, 2017
- How To Become A Skincare Entrepreneur Using Onoxa - July 23, 2017
- Man Gave Birth to Baby Girl – Traditional vs Modern Parenting - July 22, 2017