Step aerobics is an effective exercise combined with music to remove the boredom and synchronize your steps. All you need is an elevated platform and you are ready to burn 10 calories per minute. The result depends on your speed, frequency and height of the platform. This exercise improves the efficiency of your heart and lungs and thus, boosts up the metabolism. This is a high intensity and low impact exercise. There are many varieties of this exercise which we will discuss here in detail which can help you in losing weight.
- Basic step
This is the first move in the learning process of the step aerobics and the steps of this exercise are:
- Put your right foot up on the platform followed by the left foot.
- Put down the right foot on the floor, followed by the left foot.
- A single basic step has four counts i.e. up right, up left, down right, down left.
- Do it for two set to make eight counts and then change the leading foot means left foot followed by the right foot.
- Move your arms in a comfortable way. You can move your arms over head while stepping up and lower down while stepping down.
- V step
This is also a basic move of step aerobics with little variation from the previous one. This move works on a different muscle group than the previous one. The steps are:
- Put your right foot up on the far right side followed by the left foot placed on the far left side of the elevated platform.
- Put down the right foot on the floor facing the center of the platform and repeat the same step for the left foot. Thus, you will make a V with your footsteps.
- Knee lifts
This move is great for your ABS and strengthening your core muscles. You can customize this move according to your practice level. The steps for this move are:
- Step up your left foot on the platform and lift your right knee as high as you can.
- Bring down your right foot back on the floor.
- Repeat the steps by switching the legs.
This is a challenging move like the knee lifts and engages both legs. This move is great for your thighs and butts. The steps are:
- Step up your left foot on the platform and kick in the air with your right leg.
- Bring the right leg back to its original place.
- Switch the legs and repeat the steps
- Side lifts
This move works on the hips and oblique muscles. The steps are:
- Step up the left foot on the platform and lift up your right leg to your side as high as you can by bending your knee and foot pointing to the floor.
- Bring down the right leg back to the initial position.
- Switch the legs and repeat the steps.
This move shapes up your rear while strengthening your core and muscles of the lower body. The steps are:
- Stand up straight on an elevated platform
- Step down your right foot in front of you by bending the knee.
- Keep the left foot on the platform slightly bent at the knee to balance the poster. Keep a straight back and head up.
- Bring back your right foot on the platform.
- Step down your right foot behind your back this time and bend your knee in such a way that it is slightly parallel to the floor. Left foot still on the platform and knee bent at the right angle to the floor.
- Bring it back on the platform.
- Switch the legs and repeat the steps.
This move also helps in strengthening the muscles of the lower body and improves coordination in the extremities. The steps are:
- Stand up on the elevated platform on its lengthwise
- Step down your right foot on the right side of the platform and step down your left foot on the left side just after that in so that you are straddling the platform.
- Step up your right foot on the platform followed by the left foot and then repeat the above step.
- Synchronize your steps with the music and try to make your movements more fluid.
- Change the leading foot and repeat the steps.
Latest posts by Piya C (see all)
- What is Calcium? - August 16, 2017
- Breastfeeding in Public: Need of a Child or an Act of Vulgarity? - August 14, 2017
- Teen or Time to be “no more virgin” - August 13, 2017