According to the research of World Health Organization, the rise in percentage of blood pressure in the year 2008, in adults at the age of 25 and above was marked 40%. It’s quite predictable that blood pressure level of normal human beings has increased considerably due to unhealthy lifestyle and dietary habits.
The doctors call the problem of High blood pressure (hypertension) ‘the silent killer’ because commonly there are not many remarkable symptoms of this condition. It means the patient who is suffering from this, may not even aware about it.
Untreated high blood pressure can cause harm to the internal organs in the body and in some cases, may even lead to death by inducing heart attack or stroke. Therefore, the doctors recommend the high blood pressure patients to keep an eye on their blood pressure in order to avoid any health risk.
But frequent visits to the doctor on regular basis for monitoring of your BP level is not possible due to tight working schedules and commitments. The solution of this problem is to buy a home blood pressure monitors to check your BP daily and keep record of the data on regular basis. If you find a hike in your blood pressure level, then you can easily go to your doctor at the right time for medication or other treatment.
There are many home blood pressure monitors available in the market but most of them are not so user friendly or accurate. You surely don’t wish to end up with the one which doesn’t show accurate BP level!!
So here is the list of the best 5 Arm blood pressure monitor you should choose from:
Omron 10 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Wide-Range ComFit Cuff
- Accuracy level is excellent
- It has an arm fitting which ranges from 9 inches to 17 inches.
- This device takes three readings at a minute apart (which is highly appreciated by the American Heart association)
- It has user friendly mechanism and works on one-button operation.
- You don’t have to thread your arm through the cuff like the “sleeve model” (you may check the manual to learn how it is to be used)
- Green indicator indicates the accurate level of your BP.
- A number of details about your Blood pressure will be projected on a brightly lit screen.
- It offers time and date functions as well.
- It has a high storing capacity and can record at least 200 readings of an individual in its system.
- It is a two user device (100 readings each), you can easily select your user number by sliding the physical switch from 1 to 2 or vice versa
- It is Bluetooth equipped.
- A free smartphone app helps you store the data from the device, so that you can share it with your physician at any time.
- The BP86 10 Series device has an AC adapter
- No battery is provided with the system. So when you run out of battery you may have to go to the market for the new ones.
- The data-rich monitor may take some time to get used to.
- It is priced at $64 which may seem costly but it’s amazing features worth the price.
Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor for Apple and Android
- It is a certified Class II FDA-Cleared Medical Device.
- Most futuristic among the all the 5 blood pressure monitoring device.
- It has a wireless system and it comes with the Withings Health Mate App available for android and apple device. The app is available in many languages.
- It has cuff flexibility ranges from 9 inches to 17 inches.
- It also provides an upper arm cuff and shiny cylindrical tube which is attached to it.
- It is very easy to use (set up your account in your phone or tablet, press a button, fit the cuff on your arm and wait for the result.
- The result is displayed on your mobile phone or tablet
- The readings and instructions are sent to your apple or android phone to the app through the Bluetooth.
- The reading are stored in cloud so it can be retained and shared with your physician easily.
- It comes with visual simplicity and easy portability features.
- Reasonable accuracy level
- The user manual text is printed in white on a green background which is difficult to read.
- If you are not good with android or apple devices then you may find it a bit complicated.
- You need to check for the exact compatible android and apple device to work (since the original iPads aren’t covered) however, recent gadgets should work.
- It is very expensive and is priced at $124 since it comes with hi-tech features.
- At times you may have problem with functionality and connectivity.
LotFancy FDA Approved Digital Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor & Heart Rate Monitor
- Comes with a medium cuff size of 8.6 inches to 14.2 inches (you might get inaccurate readings if it doesn’t fit you properly)
- It is FDA approved.
- It is easy to set up after you have installed the power source.
- It is not so complicated i.e. taking reading is an easy process (you just need to wrap the cuff around your arm and press the start button. The automatic inflation will shut-off after the accurate reading is found)
- Its read-out screen is clear and bright.
- It has a special feature to alert the user of an irregular heart (that is plus or minus 25 percent of normal)
- It also has special key for memory function.
- It allows four users (each person view the history of only three readings)
- It is also very cheap with a price tag of $24 on Amazon.
- Batteries and mains adaptors are not there
- Cuff size fits mainly women and may be tight on men.
- The memory function can be a bit confusing
- Sometimes may give inaccurate readings.
- Overall-durability isn’t that good.
Health Gurus Professional Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- It has a fairly flexible cuff range of 8 ¾ to 16 ½ inches (a bit tight for people with larger arms)
- Accuracy level is good
- This device is easy to use.
- The details of how to use the cuff is there on the cuff itself, making it easier to use.
- Switching on the device and reading is a one-button process.
- The devices has a large LCD Screen of 2 ¾ inches for displaying the results clearly.
- Batteries are included.
- It is approved by the FDA
- It is a two-user device.
- It comes with a date and time setting feature.
- It is cheap and costs only $29
- The connecting tube may feel a bit insecure. However, during testing it won’t detach.
- It has fewer features compared to other arm BP monitoring devices.
- Selecting the user number in the device can be a little confusing.
- The date and time has to be reset every time the battery is changed.
Panasonic EW3109W Portable Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- The Cuff size comes at a range from 7.8 inches to 15.8 inches.
- It provides an extra-large cuff for the individual with larger arms which ranges up to 17.25 inches at additional price.
- The cuff can be fitted easily with only one hand means you need to struggle much.
- It is comparatively low priced at 24$
- It is designed for good portability and comes with a bag for carrying as well.
- Batteries are included.
- It runs on one-touch mechanism.
- It has in-built technology that cuts out noise (Noise: anything that isn’t your pulse or heart rate.)
- It gives visual warning if the hypertension is detected.
- Panasonic provides 24 hours online customer service for the device.
- Is a very popular brand
- Reading is not always correct.
- The device looks a bit unusual because of its large tube shape.
- It cannot be called the most compact model
- It inflates slowly.
- It has no warning sound to indicate when it has finished reading
- It has average reading memory features.
- The customer supports received by customers are not too helpful and satisfactory.
It is quite clear, that Omron 10 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is the best blood pressure monitor available. Therefore, if you are searching for the best then this is the one you should purchase. Moreover, this is the most recommended monitor by the top doctors and pharmacist. If you have a good amount of cash in your pocket and you are very much into hi-tech stuff then you will like the Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor for Apple and Android. It comes with a huge number of features which are user friendly.
But if you are looking for a cheaper model you can try out the Lot Fancy FDA Approved Digital Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor. It gives a number of features even with a relative lower price.
Latest posts by Piya C (see all)
- All about Teeth Whitening - May 25, 2017
- 7 Skin Care Habits that Are Making Your Dry Skin Worse - May 25, 2017
- Safely Remove Eye Makeup with Natural Ingredients - May 24, 2017